Honeywell Smart Wi-Fi Thermostat Compatibility

So much great info in this thread! However, being near 500 posts long, it can definitely be a chore to locate info. I have an RTH9580WF thermostat and have been using the code provided by Eric Thomas (thanks, Eric!). I recently got around to setting thermostat behavior based on my Hub’s status (Home, Away, Goodnight, Good Morning, etc).

Although it changes the heating / cooling set points correctly, it only seems to apply a temporary hold on the settings. Because of this, the t-stat would revert to scheduled mode at the next schedule time. I figured if I deleted all schedule information from the t-stat, the SmartThings initiated temp changes would not revert (essentially, acting like a permanent hold). For whatever reason, this was not the case - I woke up to my home at a warm 70F this morning when I expected it to maintain 62F.

Thanks to an observation I read by user “Grump”, I went in to the code provided by Eric Thomas and changed all lines mentioning “StatusHeat” or “StatusCool” and changed their values from “1” to “2”. I found these on lines 195, 196, 214, 215, 232, 233, 264 and 265 of Eric’s code. Essentially, with values of “1”, the SmartThings initiated temperature changes applied as a temporary hold. With the changed values of “2”, a permanent hold is set. My T-Stat is now functioning as I’d like it to. It doesn’t (so far) revert to any sort of schedule, and the T-Stat displays permanent hold after every temp change (which, again, is great as I don’t live like the rest of humanity - by a schedule).

As a disclaimier: I’m no expert at coding. I don’t understand much about API’s. I can write basic HTML and that’s about the extent of my coding abilities. That being said, the changes I made seem to be forcing a permanent hold for all ST initiated temperature changes. I just wanted to post my experience up in hopes that it may help someone else who may be frustrated by their T-Stat changing its set points on it’s own. Cheers!

3 Likes