HI3510 IP Camera Device Type (Tenvis IPROBOT3, Instar, Wansview, others...)

Tried these beforec but it didnt work as apparently the IPROBOT3 doesnt support mjpeg and is tenvis’s only h264 (typical) so i couldnt get it too work, even had @tgauchat look into it -

was you trying this with another camera or 110% a IPROBOT3 // cheers a tom m for the reply though.

cheers kyle

1 Like

Kyle,

Weird. VLC is reporting that those streams are MJPEG streams and not h.264. Maybe Tenvis is using a non-standard MJPEG variation?

Hmmmmm is that in vlc? Will check mine shortly and see what it says . . . And is that an iprobot3 showing them stats

Those are MJPEG stream URLs…

The problem with the camera model @AutomateEverything is using is that they return 404 (page not found) Errors… i.e., the path for MJPEGs is not valid on cameras without MJPEG output capability.

@tgauchat,

I have the same model camera as Kyle (Tenvis IPROBOT3 - 2014) I believe and the stream URL exists here. The hi3510 chipset is pretty well defined, even across OEMs. Variations usually only show up in the dry contact relay option.

@AutomateEverything : let us know what VLC shows for your camera. If those streams don’t exist on your camera, then I’d be interested in know they exact model number listed on the bottom of the camera.

That would be great if it turns out to be true. @AutomateEverything pointed me to a link of feature comparisons, and his model did not list MJPEG as a feature, only H.264; though since H.264 is technically an “upgrade”, perhaps MJPEG is implied.

However, I’m pretty sure we tried the HTTP based stream URLs but no dice. I’m sure Kyle will double check.

I tried several commands from this HI3510 command-set manual, and many worked (PTZ, etc.), but many did not (getvencattr, I think failed, for example.).

1 Like

Just tried this on one of these - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wanscam-Wireless-WIFI-CCTV-Security-Webcam-Night-Vision-2Audio-IP-Camera-/301571656178?var=&hash=item46371249f2:m:mjf8awIFncz7w6YpAXErJGg

Didnt work :frowning: - Such a shame as this looked amazing!

RESOLVED: see my EDIT: below

@uncleskippy
Thanks a lot for making this and for offering it up for the Community!
I have an IPROBOT3. I have it live-streaming in my SmartTiles already, but now that this device handler is available, I’m going to do this as well.

Now, I know SmartThings is currently experiencing MAJOR platform instability issues (LINK to SmartThings’ status page). So, this could just be related to that (in which case, nevermind), but just in case…

I just started going through the install instructions, and got to the point where I’m supposed to click Next after filling in the appropriate fields with IP, etc, and it gives me the red drop-down error,
“Please fill out all required fields”

Goofy thing is, I did fill them all out.
Is this a known problem for this device handler with a known solution, or might this just be part of what’s going on in the greater SmartThings world today?

EDIT: I read somewhere when somebody was having a similar problem with a similar app for a foscam or something that they figured out that it wasn’t working because it wouldn’t accept a two digit number.

So, instead of 80, I put 00080 (i.e. number 80 out of 65,535 ports), and it worked!
Haha :slight_smile: Now I just have to go check it out.

Thanks again for the work on this. Amazing! :slight_smile:

p.s. Oh ya…where’s your donate link?

@uncleskippy will you be updating this device type handler to use the live video feed method that @pstuart & @blebson have discovered / discussed and released — reference here:

Video Walk through:

Device Type:

@blebson - similar to your device type updated with this new ability:

would be great , i had a try adapting it earlier but im far far far to uneducated on groovy and got 101 errors.

1 Like

It would appear I need to update it for video now! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Looks pretty straightforward as well. Give me a few days and I’ll see what I can spit out.

1 Like

You my friend are a legend :slight_smile:

@uncleskippy I forked your repo and made the changes necessary to add video support to it. See if it works for you and I’ll raise a pull to integrate with the master if you’d like.

2 Likes

Someone get this man a medal :slight_smile: legend look forward to it :slight_smile:

@RBoy looking at our previous posts on this thread, do you know of a way to get custom icons into then smartapps UI like this design i made (i have all the icon files if you feel you can and fancy trying them and therefor require them :wink: haha)

RBoy,

Go ahead and raise the pull. I’ve been distracted by some other stuff and haven’t been able to put in time to get it working. :-/

Make sure you’ve added your name to the authors for proper attribution.

@RBoy / @uncleskippy — just had a look at your fork . . the video stream doesnt seem to work for me (IPROBOT3) however the device type for generic video does, the only difference i see is the way you receive the stream on uncle skippys device type is different to the generic video one . . . you require " IP / PORT / USER / PASS " which is fine for getting snapshots and control . . but is there a way we can just input a stream url for the live feed like on the generic video device type… i personally port forward mine and IP/PORT&LOGINS wont work in that way but also it isnt working for even local ip with the above method maybe just a stream url would… Just an idea.

@uncleskippy
Not totally sure if the problem I’m about to warn about is even relevant to this discussion, but just in case…

I’ve been using your original Device Handler here in this thread and it’s been working great for my IPROBOT3. So, thanks again!!

Then, I tried to use RBoy’s DH for the Foscam/Tenvis cams, and we discovered a problem that I want to make sure you’re aware of (so that you don’t bonk the code for my version of the IPROBOT3 lol ).

The short story is that there are two completely different IP camera products from Tenvis that were both named exactly the same, IPROBOT3. One of them came out in 2013 and the other in 2014, but the 2014 isn’t just an updated version with everything else being the same; rather, it’s on a completely different firmware line from the old one.

The 2013 IPROBOT3 works with RBoy’s Foscam/Tenvis DH, but the 2014 IPROBOT3 does not.

Mine is the 2014 IPROBOT3 and works with your (uncleskippy) DH here in this present thread.

For anyone interested in the longer story, here is my post about this problem from the other thread…

This could be solved (streaming) by having option to add rstp video url as each cameras would differ yet it would still pull the same way :slight_smile: just an idea . . . That im reallllly pushing hahahahahaha

@uncleskippy / @RBoy / @pstuart / @blebson

Would it be possible to have a custom version of this adapted by one of you for a fee . . .

I want it to appear like the attatched screenshot (uncleskippy has already done this in his device type based on my design)

But id like where the snapshot is currently displayed (top) to be a live feed — but not using login details (using a stream url like patuart and blebsons method)

And then under all of this the snapshot as it appears at the top, but underneath using the current and already working method

As for some reason my IPROBOT3 can stream video using url method but not using rboy / uncleakippy login method :slight_smile:

What url does your camera use? I wrote up the code using the SDK specs