Help with my Nest SmartApp

Hi all,

I’ve had ST a few months now and so far its been a great addition to our home. I recently had a Nest thermostat installed, added the Nest device handler (with a few tweaks to hide options not relevant to me) and went about trying to make a SmartApp to change the thermostat to away/home/off depending on what mode ST is in. So far the app is working perfectly however I wondered if there is anyway to hide the “Set for specific mode(s)” option from the bottom of the app?

Thanks

1 Like

You need to define a page I believe, e.g. as stated below:

page(name: “mainPage”){
section("Choose Nest themostat… "){
input “myThermostat”, “capability.Thermostat”, multiple: true, title: “Thermostat”
}
section(“Switch Nest to away when mode is…”) {
input “myAwayMode”, “mode”, multiple: true, required: false
}
section(“Switch Nest to home when mode is…”) {
input “myHomeMode”, “mode”, multiple: true, required: false
}
section(“Switch Nest to off when mode is…”) {
input “myOffMode”, “mode”, multiple: true, required: false
}
}

Works perfectly, cheers for the quick response.

Having had a look that also seems to hide the option to uninstall an app (and name it). Any idea how to show those options?

If you hit the reply button under my message rather than at the bottom of the page then I get a notification, I would have replied earlier…

Everything you need is here:

http://docs.smartthings.com/en/latest/smartapp-developers-guide/preferences-and-settings.html

page(name: “pageName”, title: “page title”, uninstall: true)

Thanks, all sorted now.

Dear Autom8,
Any chance you could help giving me steps to follow in order to link my nest thermostat to smarttthings?
Thank you in advance.

The following link covers how to install your Nest thermostat:

Let me know if you have any issues.