Help with my Nest SmartApp

smartapp

(Ross) #1

Hi all,

I’ve had ST a few months now and so far its been a great addition to our home. I recently had a Nest thermostat installed, added the Nest device handler (with a few tweaks to hide options not relevant to me) and went about trying to make a SmartApp to change the thermostat to away/home/off depending on what mode ST is in. So far the app is working perfectly however I wondered if there is anyway to hide the “Set for specific mode(s)” option from the bottom of the app?

Thanks

(Jake) #2

You need to define a page I believe, e.g. as stated below:

page(name: “mainPage”){
section("Choose Nest themostat… "){
input “myThermostat”, “capability.Thermostat”, multiple: true, title: “Thermostat”
}
section(“Switch Nest to away when mode is…”) {
input “myAwayMode”, “mode”, multiple: true, required: false
}
section(“Switch Nest to home when mode is…”) {
input “myHomeMode”, “mode”, multiple: true, required: false
}
section(“Switch Nest to off when mode is…”) {
input “myOffMode”, “mode”, multiple: true, required: false
}
}

(Ross) #3

Works perfectly, cheers for the quick response.

(Ross) #4

Having had a look that also seems to hide the option to uninstall an app (and name it). Any idea how to show those options?

(Jake) #5

If you hit the reply button under my message rather than at the bottom of the page then I get a notification, I would have replied earlier…

Everything you need is here:

http://docs.smartthings.com/en/latest/smartapp-developers-guide/preferences-and-settings.html

page(name: “pageName”, title: “page title”, uninstall: true)

(Ross) #6

Thanks, all sorted now.

(LeSaint) #7

Dear Autom8,
Any chance you could help giving me steps to follow in order to link my nest thermostat to smarttthings?
Thank you in advance.

(Ross) #8

The following link covers how to install your Nest thermostat:

Let me know if you have any issues.