HELP: SmartThing Scenes that include locks are not passing through to Google Home

Background Information:
I run SmartThings for many smart devices and lights in my house (upwards of 50 total) and I use Google Assistants to interact with these devices through my SmartThing Scenes. I have some Z-Wave Yale locks in my SmartThings that I was able to lock when I told Google “Good Night.”

However, I have a problem:
Today I reconnected SmartThings to my Google Home to apply the new update. However, once the reconnection completed, it seems that any SmartThing Scenes that included a lock were no longer discoverable in Google Home Routines. So now I am unable to lock my SmartThing locks by having my Google Home Routines trigger those ST Scenes. I tested by adding and removing locks to my SmartThing Scenes and it seems that is the differentiator for whether or not a SmartThing Scene shows up in my Google Home or not. I have always used the new SmartThings app and this was not an issue that I ran into until I reconnected today.

So 2 questions:

1. Is this a known issue or is there a simple known fix?
  2. If there is not a simple known fix, what would be a good workaround? For example, a Google Routine could trigger a third-party service, which then triggers SmartThings Scenes

I will be incredibly thankful for any replies!

Scenes containing locks and doors are not supported in either the google or Alexa skills. You probably wont see a change to this for liability reasons.

That said, you can work around it by activating a virtual switch in your scene and then either chaining another scene to it or activating your lock directly through automation

Thanks for the reply! I may give that a go

I have always used the new SmartThings app and this was not an issue that I ran into until I reconnected today. I would have Google Home Routines trigger ST Scenes which locked my doors at night or when I left. Do you know if something changed?

this changed with the new Google and Alexa skills. It’s always been the case with Alexa, I suspect it’s new to the Google integration.