Heiman things

Hi,

Appreciate this is an ancient post now but is the testing you mention here all with the Heiman units? I managed to get hold of the Z-Wave Door sensor. It is the UK version (where I am) yet I simply cannot get the hub (V2) to pick it up at all. Is there anything special you remember doing back then please?

Thanks,

Mark.

You may want to do a zwave exclusion first

1 Like

Thanks, tried that straight away. Does not pick it up. I think it is either faulty or despite stating UK on it is not on the correct frequency.

Strange goings on! Just tried to exclude again as it worked first time (Unknown device removed).

Am putting t down to .18 f/w issues as I must have tired over 50 times on Friday with zero results.

Thanks though! Prompted me to try one more time and working fine now. Just wish these things were just a little smaller lol.

1 Like

We fixed it. It was intermittent, we returned the units to the supplier
who then denied they ever received them. Leaving us US$200 poorer with no
products. AVOID THIS COMPANY!!

Which Company Stephen? Or do you mean the make?

Have a single z-wave door sensor which is working absolutely fine ‘locally’ with the delivered ST DH. I am in the UK if that would make a difference. Anyway not planning on many more of these as they are a little on the large size. Thanks.

Heiman. I purchased a sample directly from the factory.

Sorry to hear about what happened to you and thanks for the advice!

Hi all,
I purchased a Heiman Zigbee Carbon Monoxide detector, added it in ST without any issues. However it doesn’t show in the app as CO detector. It shows as Motion detector. Is it any way I can correct this in the app?
Thanks

I created a handler for the Heiman Zigbee Smoke Detector, if you’re interested

https://community.smartthings.com/t/heimantech-smoke-detector-zigbee-alpha/105579?source_topic_id=105581

Same problem!!

Can you tell me how to install this to get my smoke detector to work please.

I Have contingency connecting Z-Wave Heiman HS2SK-Z Smart Plug White to my Samsung SmartThings Hub. Has anyone in the community had any success here please?
Z-Wave products POPP Smoke sensor plus siren and POPP Carbon Monoxide connected easily.

I would like a carbon monoxide monitor but havent really found any, poop seems interesting though. Is there a device handler for Popp for Smartthings? At what level does it trigger? Can I turn off the siren and only get notifications?

Which device handler did you use to connect your Popp Smoke Detector to SmartThings?

Hello Casique, which device handler did you use to integrate the popp co detector? I didnt find the right one. Please help me!

First I will add my instructions for, 2018 Z-Wave Heiman HS2SK-Z Smart Plug Samsung SmartThings Hub and how to Connect
Use this process to connect Z-Wave Heiman HS2SK-Z Smart Plug to your Samsung SmartThings Hub.
To Connect the device:
Within the SmartThings mobile app, follow these steps to connect or include a new device:

1. Tap My Home
  2. Under Things, tap Add a Thing at the bottom of your Things list
  3. The app will say Looking for devices

4. While the Hub searches, perform the connection/inclusion process specific to that device
    o When Heiman Smart Plug power is ON displaying a RED light immediately press the device Power button three times that is within 1.5 seconds.
    o When the power button is illuminated with flashing blue LED, here patience is required. It is my experience that SmartThings app “looking for devices” times out with message “It is taking longer than expected to find devices”.
    o I discovered that my SmartThings app timed out at 20 seconds.
    o Please take note that the Smart Plug User Guide describes (the longest networking time is 30 seconds). So, beware if you waited and waited long enough the SmartThings app displays discovered Z-Wave Metering Switch.
  5. When the Smart Plug is discovered, it will be listed at the top of the screen
  6. Tap the device to rename it and tap Done
  7. When finished, tap Save
  8. Tap Ok to confirm your paired devices

To Remove the device.
Factory Reset. Long press power on/off button for 10 seconds, then ID code will be cleared and smart plug will be reset.
Delete sub device
Disconnecting. Please click delete Button of the device in Samsung SmartThings app on iPhone or iPad, then press Smart Plug power on/off Button for three times in 1.5 seconds, blue LED will flash slowly foe six times. App interface will indicate disconnecting success.
Description of LED indicator Status.
Blue LED State
Flash quickly when networking
Flash slowly when disconnecting
Light on when device is turned on
Light of when device is turned off
Power on/off
After pressing power switch/networking Button, blue LED keeps on and supply hub will be powered on. Press power switch/networking Button again blue LED turned off. Supply hub will be turned off.
POPP Smoke detector plus Siren and carbon Monoxide detector z-wave connected and both tested and Active

I do not understand how you connected the POPP Smoke detector - which handler you are using. Could you plz explain it again?

Hello Casique,
thanks, i will try it at weekend.

Hello Casique, sorry i need the device handler for the popp carbon monoxide detector - zwave. Can you tell me which handler you use, because he didnt connect correctly with my hub.