Heimantech (compatible zigbee devices?)

(Tudorel Iancu) #1

Lets find some compatible devices and get documentation for them

(Tudorel Iancu) #2

it seems that this devices uses ZHA 1.2 according to the producer but i will investigate further and i will try to get the certification from the producer and may bee some technical information

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Wireless-Zigbee-nice-untrathin-PIR-motion-detector-movement-sensor-HM1MS/32728096224.html?spm=2114.13010308.0.0.uqdbXJ

They do say they are ZHA 1.2 compatible, but they don’t display the correct logo and they are not listed on the official certified devices site:

http://www.zigbee.org/zigbee-products-2/#zigbeecertifiedproducts/

That list isn’t always up-to-date, but I would definitely ask them for a copy of their certification before buying anything.

There are often translation issues with company selling through Alibaba and many think that if they are a zigbee device and they are used for home automation that then they are a “zigbee home automation” device even though they don’t actually use that profile.

(Tudorel Iancu) #4

i just asked them for their certification and full spec of their products lets se if they are wiling to provide the necessary information because they are affordable and they have smoke sensors,windows,temperature and humidity, vibration and water leak sensors too so it will be very nice if they work with ZHA 1.2

(Austin Pritchett) #5

Pending results of certification, I’ll be happy to help with the efforts to get integration solid.

(Tudorel Iancu) #6

so i actualy found out that they are produced by another company
http://www.heimantech.com/contact/contact.html
the seler said that they have an buyer that broght them for ST but i want to be sure so i made an inquiry to the producer today hope to get more acurate info from them

Not sure if that referring to me :grimacing:, I bought quite a few of their things to test, tested their zigbee smart outlet, need custom handler.

I’m about to test their zigbee motion sensor, need to find time for that, will keep you posted.

(Tudorel Iancu) #8

thx someone here said that will help with integration so you might talk to him about handler if they are ZHA 1.2 as i understand is easy to get a custom handler just talk with AUSTIN PRITCHETT

(Tudorel Iancu) #10

Thx for your imput i think lot’s of people will be interested in this devices because they are a lot cheaper then samsung things

Which sensors did you test? I’d be interested in the motion sensor, door sensor, and smart socket.

(Tudorel Iancu) #12

It’s Vicki from Heiman Technology. Thanks for your inquiry about zigbee products.

We are ZigBee Alliance member, all zigbee products are standards HA1.2 PRO.
Products passed CE, RoHS certifications.
Smoke sensor and smart plug are under ZigBee certification. Others will step by step.

here is the oficial responce from Heiman Tech
so we will see them certified soon they are opend to discusion so beeing a newbie here i would like if anyone can help me with formulating some questions about those devices witch can help us to make the apropiate handlers for them

(Tudorel Iancu) #13

It’s Vicki from Heiman Technology. Thanks for your inquiry about zigbee products.

We are ZigBee Alliance member, all zigbee products are standards HA1.2 PRO.
Products passed CE, RoHS certifications.
Smoke sensor and smart plug are under ZigBee certification. Others will step by step.

here is the oficial responce from the producer so could you help me formulating some tech questions about their devices witch can help you integrate?
Yours sincerely Tudorel

Let’s consolidate the discussion here

(Sergio Ferreira) #15

Just bought the smoke sensor…I am going to try if it works…worth the price to try.
Happy to get feedback if someone managed to do it.

(Pcguru34) #16

I just bought their Water Sensor HS1WL and it paired with ST as a motion sensor. I changed the type to a “Water Sensor Capability” but it doesn’t recognize when the sensor detects water. I just added them today so I’m going to continue to work with them and when I have something new to report I will post.

I’m new to the ST community so I don’t know how to write custom Device handlers or smartapps as of yet.

(Pcguru34) #17

I have been playing with the Heiman Water Leak Sensor (HS1WL). I tried the built in zigbee device handlers and none of them worked. I found and installed a device handler which was made for the IRIS Smart Water Sensor and it works with the Heiman sensor however it only detects and alerts when water is detected. None of the other features (battery, Health check, temperature, etc.) work correctly with the IRIS device handler. While I’m glad I can at least use the device to alert me when it detects a leak I would like it to alert me when the batteries are running low. I’m guessing I am going to have to write a custom device hanlder as I haven’t been able to find a device hanlder for this sensor anywhere online.

I’m new to the SmartThings platform so I haven’t ever written any device handlers. I’m going to look into writing a custome device handler for the sensor however I’m disabled so I won’t be able to do complete this anytime soon nor do I have any technical information on the sensor to aide me in writing the device handler.

I’m going to write the manufacter and see what information I can get from them. If anyone has any information on this sensor (HS1WL) please reply to this thread. I would greatly appreaciate any input anyone has about this sensor. It is also sold under the Homi Security name with the same model number.

(Sergio Ferreira) #18

Smoke sensor works great so far

(sapstar) #19

@Sergio_Ferreira I am planning to buy the smoke sensor. Can you please confirm if all features work, like battery % etc. Does ST pickup the right device type or you had to use a custom DTH?

(Sergio Ferreira) #20

Hi.
Works everyting fine.
I believe I used a custom DTH… Let me know if you cannot find it in the forum somewhere as soon you receive it.

(sapstar) #21

Thanks for the info. I just searched and can’t find a device handler on the forum. I am ordering it today from aliexpress. Should have it in a month.

Do you know if the alarm on these can be used in place of an indoor siren? For example if I would like to sound an indoor alarm for intrusion, can I use the alarm on these devices?