Harmony Hub | execute single button without turning off original activity

hey group i have harmony hub activity to watch movies triggered by alexa. i watch in 2.35:1 and 16:9 i use the projector to adjust the lens between the two.

i created a hub activity to trigger between the two lens settings, but when i try to execute it will turn off the movie activity…

is there not a way to just have the hub send the command without turning off the existing running activity?

Instead of separate activities for watch movies and for adjusting the lens you should program two watch movie activities one for 16:9 and one for 2.35:1 with lens setting using activity startup sequence. Afaik, there is no way to use harmony commands from ST other than starting and ending activities. It also always been the case with Harmony that starting one activity ends the other running activity. However harmony is smart enough not to turn devices off when switching between activities sharing the same devices.

1 Like

Thanks for confirming my thoughts. I have and activity for tv and htpc and can switch between the two with nothing switching off but was looking for confirmation.

Thanks again.

Edit: Logitech needs to add a copy activity option.

1 Like

https://support.myharmony.com/en-gb/changing-when-a-device-powers-on-or-off

"Keep this device on when switching Activities

This option will power on the device the first time it is needed, but keep it turned on when you switch from one Activity to the next. The device will be powered off when you press the Off button on your Harmony remote indicating that you want everything turned off. This is useful for game consoles that you may want to pause and leave on when switching to watch TV, and return to later on without having to stop your game."

2 Likes

A newbie here. I read posts about the topic but remain unclear so I thought I’d explain my situation.

So, here is the current setup and what I’d like do. Currently, when I select watch tv all of the devices, tv monitor, cable box, and stereo turn on and the correct inputs are activated.

What if like to do…

I use my computer to stream content which is viewed on the tv monitor, with sound coming from the stereo. I am trying to set up commands or activities that would allow me to change the tv monitor input to HDMI II and the stereo output without epithet device turning off then on.

I have gone through the device setup for the tv and stereo and changed the setting so that it is always on until the off button is selected, and I tried leaving on always and neither option works.

It may be important to note, I previously used a harmony 700 remote and supply copied the settings to the new remote which is a harmony companion and hub.

Thanks

Didn’t you already ask this question in your own thread here?

Did you try what was suggested or provide feedback so maybe someone could have a different idea? Just wondering.