Harmony Home Control

You have to sign up to the harmony beta testing program: https://support.myharmony.com/en/form.htm?id=f-beta-234

I’m on it and have been testing the logitech and august lock integration (only works with august connect though). Now I’m waiting for the ST Logitech Harmony beta to commence as well… http://community.smartthings.com/t/stay-tune-for-harmony-beta/16564 this is Smartthings integration beta which is different from the logitech harmony beta program for logitech beta firmwares.

1 Like

Firmware version 4.5.66 has now been released publicly by Logitech.

This is the version which provides the older Logitech Harmony Hubs with the ability to integrate with SmartThings.

Yep! Upgraded mine today. All I have to say is “woohoo!”.

I finally have the functionality that was the reason for purchasing the ultimate remote in the 1st place.

2 Likes

Just updated to firmware version 4.5.66 but still got “an unexpected error occurred” adding harmony in smartthings.

The new Logitech firmware won’t fix the ST To Logitech integration. A change on the ST smart app is required and there is a beta coming for that soon.

As @huydnguyen notes above, the SmartThings → Harmony integration is currently broken. We’re awaiting the new cloud-to-cloud integration from SmartThings to fix this. This will allow SmartApps to control the Harmony.

You can, however, get the Harmony–>SmartThings side set up via the Logitech MyHarmony desktop software. This allows you to control SmartThings devices from the Harmony.

See this post for details:

Arghhh - there are too many separate threads on this topic…

Got the new Harmony upgrade working on my Smart Control Hub to control SmartThings. However, I just found out that I can’t assign buttons on the remote to trigger lights, switches, locks, etc. Was going to have a long press on certain buttons to trigger some things but I guess that’s a no-go. It seems you can only control SmartThings devices by using activities in Harmony.

Unfortunately we can’t use button presses at the moment.

However, if you’re using a remote with an LCD screen or one of the mobile apps, you can use the Devices view to see and control your SmartThings devices.

My harmony Home remote has 4 home automation buttons that we assigned to toggle lights over a month ago, and they’re working fine. But I assume that’s just that model? It didn’t have anything to do with the update being discussed.

The Smart Control remote does not have those buttons.

The Logitech Harmony Ultimate Home remote does not have those buttons (but does have an LCD screen). It has the same physical layout as the older Logitech Harmony Ultimate remote.

The Logitech Harmony Home Control does have those buttons:

https://www.foxxsales.com/content/images/thumbs/0010844_logitech-harmony-home-control-universal-remote-black-915-000239.jpeg

The older Logitech Harmony Smart Control does not:

http://media.flixcar.com/media/inpage/assetsv2/Logitech-245526709-glamour-image-lg.png

It can get a bit confusing trying to keep track… :smile:

1 Like

Have they fixed it so that you can control smartthings devices before entertainment devices in the activity sequence?

A Harmony update was pushed out to my Harmony Home Hub today, and after that only the IR device controls worked, nothing via
WiFi. I had to remove and reinstall both SmartThings integration and the Roku. But now again I have limited but useful Harmony --> ST control via activities and via the 4 Home Automation buttons as in the remote pictured above.

Activities still define A/V actions before ST actions, though.

@April - PLEASEEEEEE Add me to Beta list, ill fill in form now, just bought a ULTIMATE HARMONY HOME and feel like its a waste of money when i cant trigger things in harmony from smartthings…

cheers

kyle

@April I would also like to be in on this beta.

I just updated the firmware to my harmony home hub and it now times out when trying to authorize devices with SmartThings. I can no longer control anything in either direction.

I had the time out problem after the update as well. I found I had to completely remove everything connected by anything other than IR and re add it. This included my Roku and my SmartThings interface. After that it was fine again.

I posted a question about this on the Harmony Beta forum and a number of users chimed in complaining about the same thing. Logitech’s position seems to be that light controls should be tied to an activity, but I think the responses in the thread demonstrated why that is absolutely not the case. We’ll see if the feedback makes a difference, but Logitech is at least aware of why we need buttons mapped on the remote for home control outside of launching a specific activity.

2 Likes

Having the lights tied to buttons would bring a lot of value, but I’m not sure I understand why it keeps being stated that control is tied only to activities. I have complete control over my hues via the device tab.

Well I would much rather just tap a button on the physical Harmony remote, rather than having to open the app on my phone.

Harmony Remote and Hub firmware (v4.5.66) release fixed my issue. I can set ST presence sensor to turn on Harmony Devices.

thanks
Wayne

1 Like