Harmony Home Control - SmartThings Control and vice versa

Good point. I prefer hard wired anyways! I forgot that the ST hub was wired only.

smart, when you way support can fix it on a case by case basis, do you mean Logitech support or ST support? I’ve already asked ST support for help and after much troubleshooting they directed me to Logitech/Harmony support whom I have not contacted yet.

Again, I can control smart things items via the Harmony Home, just can control Harmony items via ST.

ST Support. Everybody is in the same boat as you, so you are not alone. Harmony hub can control most ST devices that I have but not the other way around unless ST support helps you out. Do take into consideration that this integration is still in the labs and is being worked upon.

As far as I know even if they fix it on a user by user basis, reopening the Harmony Connect SmartApp will re-break itself.

Here is some more information on this issue.

So far, I can’t even get ST to see my Harmony Hub. I can control ST with Harmony, but not the other way around. For the moment, I’m working around it with IFTTT. Support says they are working on improving communication with LAN base devices, but doesn’t sound like there’s a clear ETA

having exact same issues David and Kevin, any updates from support?

Nope. Nothing so far

I am having no trouble getting the Connect app to see my Harmony Hub, but when I try to configure it through the SmartThings app, I always get “Error: An unexpected error occurred” when I try to click “Done”. Anyone else have a similar experience? I’m not sure at all what to do about it.

I turned on live logging and tried to save my configuration. This error comes up:

7dccecba-61d4-4020-9e64-678100c6ee14 8:14:29 PM: error physicalgraph.exception.UncheckedException: com.netflix.astyanax.connectionpool.exceptions.BadRequestException: BadRequestException: [host=54.87.59.243(54.87.59.243):9160, latency=4(4), attempts=1]InvalidRequestException(why:(String didn’t validate.) [smartthings_prod][DeviceData][port] failed validation) @ line 157

I did have an activity called “Watch Netflix” so I thought maybe that was causing the issues. I deleted that activity and tried again, but the error persists.

There was a comment in the other Harmony thread that Logitech released a firmware update on 12/22 that may have broken the integration (see link below). I would log a support ticket with ST and hopefully they can help you out. As of now, I’m not experiencing issues with Harmony/ST; but I only use it to turn a couple lights off using the Harmony remote and I haven’t made any adjustments to either one (I don’t think my Harmony hubs were updated either).

Well that;s not good! I am having no trouble with Harmony controlling ST things, but I can’t go the other way around. Definitely sounds like the same behavior as in the thread you posted about. Thanks for sharing the link. I just got my Harmony Ultimate Home Hub so I wasn’t sure if it was me doing something wrong. I’ve only been using ST for a little over a week too, so it very well could have been me. Glad it’s not, in a way. But I hope the fix comes soon!

Are you guys talking Dec. 22nd, 2013 when the integration was broken! Aah, harmony home didn’t exist then. Sorry, my bad! :wink: Hate to break the news that it never worked. :slight_smile:

I was just testing this again this morning. I created a virtual switch for turning on/off my WatchTV activity and used two instances of the Harmony Connect SmartApp (one for ‘on’, one for ‘off’). When I turn the switch on/off, there is no response from the Harmony. If I press the SmartApp in the Labs section of the app, then my Harmony responds and starts the activity requested, so the connection to my Harmony is good and working; but for some reason the trigger from the switch isn’t working. I would have thought that’s the easy part for a Home Automation system…really frustrating!

This is still occurring for me. I can still control SmartThings items (like the lamp in my living room) from the Harmony Remote/App, but I cannot initiate or control Harmony from SmartThings actions or app.

Oddly, and this is not new, but the Harmony cannot be found in either SmartApp within SmartThings.

I’m getting the same errors as you. Let me know if you find a fix.

1 Like

Updated Harmony iOS App - version 4.0.6 - came out today.

@libra89, I have the same problem. When I try to add the Harmony Hub with the Connect app, I always get “Error: An unexpected error occurred” when I try to click done.

1 Like

Hey guys, did you all complain in this thread… We are all piling on Logitech to address this at the earliest…

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Harmony-Hub-Based-Remotes/SmartThings-and-Harmony-Hub-Integration/td-p/1356134

Guys, again a gentle reminder… Did you guys bug Logitech forum? Please please do it.

I am trying but my account won’t let me login to their support/forums section. I sent them an email about that.

I had to create a new account too.