Harmony Home Control - SmartThings Control and vice versa

Done! Hopefully they’ll address it quickly.

1 Like

everyone spam this thread if you want it fixed. This needs to be addressed:

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Harmony-Hub-Based-Remotes/SmartThings-and-Harmony-Hub-Integration/td-p/1356134

Have been doing that. But others need to do that too.

Yeah, having the same “unexpected Error too”.

Hopefully this gets resolved soon.

Sean,

This issue has been going on for almost 2 months. If you really want to put pressure on Logitech post here:

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Harmony-Hub-Based-Remotes/SmartThings-and-Harmony-Hub-Integration/td-p/1356134/page/2

There’s a firmware update out, just received it on my ultimate. 4.3.38, no mention of it on Harmony’s site, no idea if this fixes the broken integrations out there…
EDIT, apparently being part of the beta community I’ve gotten this release with no notice, anyway, this won’t be public for several weeks… Nothing to report in release notes either, so no idea what’s being planned…

Should i be buying a harmony home ultimate now or should i wait until a working firmware is released??? Any advice??

I would read every single post on this forum before dropping any coin on that remote.
I’m sure the integration will get fixed, but make sure you understand the limitations of the remote itself, and the integration as well. The general consensus at this point is that the ultimate is too much money for what it brings to the party…

If your going to go with a Harmony, go with the $150 home control remote and hub. For that price the integration from Logitech -> ST works well and it’s a good physical remote.

I agree about this from what’s been reported so far.

Except that remote really sucks. Why is the giant screen in the middle?

I think your thinking of the ultimate touch screen remote. The home control remote does not have a screen.

Logitech Harmony Home Control - 8 Devices (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00N3RFC4G/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_KgvZub1K2C609

I also agree. I like what I have going, but can’t wait until I can do more with it.

Oh. I have that one, but it only works from Harmony to ST, not the other way.

-Todd

Correct, hence why a lot of people are upset. I do see value in the cost and integration options from Logitech though. Unfortunately, there are no other universal remote control options in the market one that offer a physical remote and the ST integration a long with smartphone apps.

I really like my Harmony Home Control. I’m struggling to come up with a use case for controlling it from ST.

Being able to control lights from the remote and control things that are in a cabinet or without pointing at it is a huge plus.

-Todd

Make sure everything is turned off when you go to sleep or leave the house. Turn on the news when you wake up. Just a couple ideas… :wink:

Here’s one of mine:

I have 2 sonos sonos speakers, plus I also sun sonos through my home media center speakers. I have ST detect whether I’m sending sonos audio to my media center speakers, and then sends a command to harmony hub that makes certain that my receiver is on and set to the “sonos” input. Similarly, when I stop playing audio to sonos in my media center, ST sends a command to harmony hub to turn off my receiver.

Couldn’t the Harmony control the Receiver directly depending on what activity you select?

-Todd

Yes, but he is having it change to those settings just when a command is sent to be spoken.