Govee DreamColor LED Strip Lights with WiFi and Smartthings?

I clicked on the index.html and just led to a page of code. how do I get to the page you showed with configuration tab?

Click on the button “raw”, then you can download the page and open it up. Easier on a computer.

1 Like

OK, hate to seem like such a newb but thanks for the help… ive clicked raw, how do I download and open?

LOL Nevrmind…I figured it out

1 Like

Good to hear!

1 Like

and works great! thanks again!

1 Like

Thanks to Dean Berman for sharing the code and instructions. Hopefully govee support team will take note and release a supported version in future.

1 Like

I recently messaged them through their app and they replied it was on their radar

1 Like

So I followed all the steps, and when I access the device on the smartthings app, it will not turn on… Govee Model is H6159. Pretty new with all this so any guidance would much appreciated…

I could not get it to turn the lights on and off… any suggestions. Govee Model h6159

Did you open the index.html page, insert your Govee API key, to retrieve your Govee device names, models and IDs?

Yes… it shows up on the SmartThing App, but I can’t control it… Curious if you need me to send you any more details.

Suggest you log an issue on the GitHub page, so the author can assist you.

Alternatively, you can download the application “Postman” from https://www.postman.com/downloads/
Then create a new “GET” request, so that you can see what information you get back from the Govee-API.

The image shows example to retrieve the device state. In my case model H6104 does not support device state.

Was able to get this setup and working tonight…thanks!!!

Is there a way to get Smartthings to pull in the saved colors that I already have setup in the Govee app or the current color?

Working like a charm on my H6199

Thanks!

Will this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/Govee-Wireless-Controlled-Lighting-Assistant/dp/B07QCMCVD7/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=32HYAFGCOENQJ&dchild=1&keywords=govee+led+strip+lights&qid=1614601827&s=lighting&sprefix=govee+led%2Clighting%2C244&sr=1-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUE2QUlYSkFKMTlaTkEmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTAzOTEwOTMxVU9VT1NCMUk4SUdaJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA0NTM2MDUyMFlZVlI3TlJYOU5QJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==) work if we use the github code?

I am stupid. I don’t get what KED Device ID is. I understand it is in the configuration tab. But I only see the modelnumber

Thanks for all the information here and all the work that has gone into integrating the Govee LED strip lights with SmartThings. I have the H6110 lights which allow different colors and a ‘sound to light’ mode. Does the uncdubdiver driver on GitHub support these modes? In particular the modes I need are on/off, bright/dim and color selection.

Thanks!

i was getting some errors from the smartthings plugin when I setup Homebridge and finally pinpointed them to my Govee device from this integration.

[3/14/2021, 2:52:06 PM] [homebridge-smartthings] This plugin generated a warning from the characteristic 'Hue': characteristic was supplied illegal value: number 0 exceeded minimum of 1. See https://git.io/JtMGR for more info.
[3/14/2021, 2:52:06 PM] [homebridge-smartthings] Error: 
    at Hue.Characteristic.characteristicWarning (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge/node_modules/hap-nodejs/src/lib/Characteristic.ts:2164:105)
    at Hue.Characteristic.validateUserInput (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge/node_modules/hap-nodejs/src/lib/Characteristic.ts:2114:14)

removing that device from homebridge fixed it. not sure if there’s a way around it, but its not a big deal since it still works fine in ST.

Thanks for this thread! Worked for me and H6117.

Any way to get the “Music” or “Diy” modes integrated into SmartThings?

Sorry for the nubie question but I’m kinda stuck at this step. I got my API key but unsure how to get to index.html link to input the key.