Hi all, this is my first post so please forgive me if I leave something out or should be on a new thread. I’ve been searching and searching this forum for an issue like mine and even though I’ve found a few, none of them seem to indicate an answer.
I have been a Google Home user for over a year now and have a bunch of different devices connected and they all work wonderfully. I was previously a MiCasa Vera Z-Wave user and still had that old hub sitting around serving 4 z-wave devices. After researching and finding out that the SmartThings hub would natively interact with Google Home\Assistant, I had to have one. So I purchased the GP-U999SJVLGDA and started converting my 4 devices over to it. I had no problem pairing my 2 thermostats and 2 locks to the ST hub. I have 2, FE599NX Schlage locks and 2, YTH8320ZW1007 Honeywell thermostats. Both are in the approved device list as provided by Samsung. This was a huge part of my decision to go with ST as I already own these devices and they are certainly not cheap to replace.
Regardless here is my problem: I was able to link the ST hub to my Google Home very easily. When I did that the 2 thermostats appeared instantly in my Google Home and once I assigned them to a room, I was instantly able to control them with my voice via my Google Home\Assistant. Absolutely magical!! However, I cannot get Google to see either of the FE599NX locks for some reason and I have to assume at this point that there is some reason for this. When I added my first device, a thermostat, and linked the hub, the thermostat showed right up in the app. Then I added one of the locks and it didn’t show. So I decided to add the other thermostat to see if it was device related and the 2nd thermostat magically showed up in Google all on its own again. I added the 2nd lock and again, the lock did not appear in Google.
So at this point I have all 4 devices working great in the ST app (the new one) but only 2 of them (the thermostats) can be seen on the Google side. I have unlinked the account and relinked it. I have tried to manually add the Schlage locks to Google but that didn’t work either. I simply cannot figure out why Google can only see 2 of the 4 devices. I have to think that it’s related directly to the locks themselves but I’m not sure what that would be or what to do about it.
Thanks for any and all suggestions\help,