Google assistant stopped running routines and scenes

Nope. Ubiqui here.

UK support still haven’t bothered reply me all day long. I guess all of us here from the UK/EU area. But can someone from the US confirm that is it working there?

@joshua_lyon, do you see any issue with your Home device? Do you have any similar routine/scene execution issues in Sharptools.io?

Same here. Noticed last night. Support ticket sent

I’m in the UK and am having the same issue. Drives me insane; for 3 years I’ve had to deal with the same thing, I finally get everything programmed and working, it works fine until there’s another firmware update and everything stops, often leaving me in the pitch black. Then you spend hours backwards and forwards with Support who rarely admit there is an issue and eventually through your own efforts you either get it working or amazingly they do another fix to fix the stuff they broke
I don’t want lots of fancy stuff, I just want the basics to work on a regular basis, is that too much to ask???

1 Like

I have had several issues with GA integration with SmartThings.

One of the biggest problems I have had is if I share everything then it breaks the ability to save google assistant routines. (It seems to be related to sharing the same bulbs that are being shared via Hue and SmartThings.

I haven’t tried to shared my Routines or Scenes with GH yet but would like to be able to have them shared and incorporate more complex routines than are possible using Google Assistant.

Don’t have both. Your asking for issues if you have duplicate devices from hue and st

I’m able to reproduce and flag it for investigation. I’ll update here when I can.

6 Likes

Same here. All scenes worked just fine until 12/19.
And just like @mark_cockcroft I can control SmartThings devices through the Google Assistant app, just not scenes.

Btw, I’m still using the “SmartThings Classic app” on iOS for all SmartThings configuration.
Wonder if that’s in any way related. Anyone migrated to the newer “SmartThings app” and having this problem?

I’m 98% on new

1 Like

Thanks Brad, that sounds much better than support asking me to unlink and reset everything back up. Ugh!

1 Like

@Brad_ST, thanks for looking into this. UK support hasn’t even bothered replying my emails today.
I’ve played around with my Google Home and Google Assistant and it seems to be an issue with SmartThings. I have LIFX linked to my Assistant and it is available to control scenes in the LIFX environment, but none of the Smartthings scenes or routines.
I have even tried the magic “sync my lights” command but then the result is still the same. The Assistant cannot control the scenes or routines, only replies with the message “Sorry, something went wrong for the xxxxxx”

An update for this issue just went live.

3 Likes

Thanks @Brad_ST! I am just going to sleep and managed to execute the Good night routine through the Google Home device. All seems to work now as before.
Thanks for the help! Great success!

1 Like

Back up here as well. Thanks to those that opened support tickets.

1 Like

Was it the tickets or the ST staff like @Brad_ST who keep an eye out onto this forum? My ticket still hasn’t had a response.
Thanks Brad have to go to bed now to test it!

1 Like

My new favourite person!

1 Like

Thanks Brad. Problem solved.

These issues makes my believe about first line support more valid, that they are rubbish.
I haven’t received an answer neither. Not even one, that we are working on it or looking at it.
But now is the time to answer some other questions what was asked by some people

And big thank you for @Brad_ST again!

1 Like

Has anyone recieved any response from the support ticket they raised?

@scottashell, you shouldn’t have duplicate devices. I the classic app you can define what do you want to share with the GH. You can select almost everything except audio devices as I can remember. Switched, bulbs, open/close sensors, temperature sensors and thermostats works well with GH. I haven’t tested the locks. You want to have each device once in GH, so if you paired there Hue, then you do not want to share your Hue lights through Smartthings. To do so, on the top switch deselect option then add manually what you want to share.
Routines and scenes is different as you can share or not share with the switch at the end in the SmartApp.
If you changed your settings you should tell the GH, “sync my lights”, and it will confirm the update.

1 Like