Goodbye! if everyone leaves AND no motion for XX minutes?

So here’s my conundrum. I’ve always had my Goodbye! routine fire when “everyone leaves”; myself and my wife use our phones as presence sensors. I’ve never had an issue and this setup always works, but we also have a 3 year old daughter, and often have a family member babysit while we’re working or, on the rare occasion, get a night out. The problem is that Goodbye! will automatically fire once we’re gone and activate Smart Home Monitor, which in turn results in alarms. Then I have to go in and change the mode back to Home and turn off all of the lights. I’ve tried setting Goodbye! to fire when everyone leaves AND when motion stops for 15 minutes, but it seems that Smartthings treats it as everyone leaves OR no motion for 15 minutes, which changes the the routine to Goodbye! while we’re home if there’s no motion. Anyone have any ideas? I don’t want to give various family members presence sensors, it’s just not worth the cost, so I’m hoping to figure something out with a smartapp if possible. Thanks in advance for your input.

use Life 360. add babysitters as a presence sensor through Life360. i think better than a virtual device, that way you dont have to update all the time. but other advantage is dont have to ask for their life360

1 Like

Thank you all for the input, the virtual presence sensor seems like the most logical setup for my situation.

1 Like