I was having an issues configuring my Nortek GoControl thermostat (Model GC-TBZ48) with the Samsung SmartThings app. Some of the new setpoints I was entering into an automation step in the app would fail. I had not experienced these issues in the legacy SmartThings app.
- Combining both a heat setpoint and a cool setpoint in an automation step caused one of the settings to fail to transfer to the thermostat.
- Raising a heat setpoint above the current cool setpoint (including the heat-cool delta) would cause the setting to fail to transfer to the thermostat. Also when attempting to lower the cool setpoint below the heat setpoint (including the heat-cool delta). Previously this was not an issue, the new heat setpoint would automatically “push” the cool setpoint based on the heat-cool delta, and visa versa.
Create separate automation steps for cool and for heat setpoint changes, making sure that there is always the minimum heat-cool delta.
I also separated the automation steps by an hour, just in case.
- The heat-cool-delta on my thermostat was set at 3°F, the minimum possible.
- I began attempting to update my setpoint settings around April 29, 2020.
- I’ve owned the thermostat since June 2019.
- I had been using the legacy SmartThings app up to this time.