GoControl/Linear GD00Z-4 Garage Door Opener $65/Prime shipping Used Very Good

GoControl/Linear GD00Z-4 Z-Wave Garage Door Opener Remote Controller, Small, Black

Used, very good, $65 w/Prime shipping from Amazon

I really want one of these, but last time I picked up one that was from the Amazon Warehouse, I could not get it to pair with my hub, despite following all the tips and tricks I could find on here. It was the 3rd smart thing that I got from Amazon Warehouse that didn’t work, so I’m a bit leery. Right price point though.

I’ve never had a problem w/devices from Amazon Warehouse, and I “specialize” in used products as they are 1) Cheaper; 2) Easy to return if issues come up; 3) Never had a problem.

You’re most likely issue is that the garage door opener was previously included in another Zwave network (by the previous user).

I bought one of these used as well from Amazon, and after I did a reset of the device and it paired up fine.

From here:

https://www.nortekcontrol.com/pdf/manuals/GD00Z_Install.pdf

To do a reset:

Reset the GD00Z-4 by pressing the LINK button 5 times. A quick beep then a longer
beep indicates the reset. Use this procedure only in the event that the network primary
controller is missing or otherwise inoperable.

You can also try a standard exclude from SmartThings…

1. Plug in the device
  2. Open ST app
  3. Select the hamburger menu option
  4. Select Hub is online option
  5. Select Zwave Utilities
  6. Select General Device Exclusion
  7. Press and release the Link button on the device
  8. If it works you’ll see a “device excluded” message
1 Like

Oh I’ve had problems, but Amazon was always happy to make things right. I grabbed a boatload of Gardenspots from AWS . One came missing the little screws to permanently mount lights another came with a bad ZigBee module or power supply. Amazon refunded the full price I paid & told me to keep them.

Yes always do a general Z-wave exclusion if any Z-wave device you purchase from anyplace shows even a hint of being opened before. Chances are it is already included in some other controller & you will never get it to include in yours.

Is the Lowes Iris GD opener model the same as this one?

I did both the reset and the exclusion on the device. There was something wrong with it, but they took it back.

Bummer…that was a good price. They come up between $55 and 80-ish regularly on Amazon, so worth watching for a deal on these.