Globe Suite and SmartThings Integration Complete

Does this integration include the Globe brand sensors?

1 Like

maybe @Globe can tell us?

1 Like

agenovese820 I don’t think you are “punching your neighbor”. :innocent: I think neighbors should be nice to one another and share sugar as well as parking. Maybe you can help me with my problem. I have some Tuya bulbs. I think because bought them on Amazon and I had no clue these apps and bulbs didn’t play nice together all the time. I can control them on the Globe app but they don’t work on the Smart Things. I wish I could have everything in one place. Do you know how I can get these bulbs to work on Smart Things? If not, I am ready to buy bulbs that will. Can you suggest a brand? Or Better yet, is there a similar app to Smart Things were all “neighbors” play well together?

I’m not sure if I’m in the right forum, but at the risk of being vilified for posting incorrectly, here goes.

I’ve had GE switches everywhere in my house in Mexico. These are all neutral wired and work perfectly. Now that I have returned to the UK I want the same here. The UK doesn’t generally have neutral wires in the switches so GE is not an option. However, I found a company www.wifi-smart-home.co.uk that claim to have UK specific switches without a neutral. I spoke to them before buying and they confirmed that they use the Tuya/Globe app and so work with SmartThings. I’ve now had one fitted and it works with the Globe app, but since I took them at their word, I’m now discovering that they do not work due to the reasons specified in this post.

The Globe app sees the switches and works fine. I go through adding Globe devices to SmartThings and it seems to complete successfully as I get the completed message, but the switch never shows up in SmartThings.

So, my question is, does anyone have a way to get these working? Bulbs aren’t the way I want to go since turning the switch off makes them useless. I want switches that automate properly.

My advice would be save yourself a lot of time and effort and just get Fibaro Dimmers that work without a natural. Assuming ST hasn’t also broken the official integration with the new app. Although I wouldn’t put it past them.

They may work with the Globe app, but they won’t work with the Globe/SmartThings integration as that is limited to devices of the Globe brand.

For a detailed discussion of UK switch options, see the following thread:

UK Light switches – My experiences (2020)

Thanks for the link JDRoberts. That’s a very interesting read. I’ve ordered a single gang Yagusmart switch from Amazon so I can try it out. Reading the thread I’m getting the impression that simple switches are straightforward but more complicated wiring isn’t so out-of-the-box simple.

To be honest, I’m a bit annoyed at the wifi-smart-home people. When I spoke to guy on Friday to try and get it working I got the impression that he wasn’t interested any more. He said that other people had got it working but that he’d get back to me. It didn’t fill me with confidence, and I felt that he knew it no longer worked. Probably my fault for accepting his word pre-sales.

1 Like

Tim,
Connect the switch to the Tuya/Smartlife app and then run the Smartthings integration.
If that doesn’t work create an on automation and an off automation in Smartlife for the switch. Then rerun the Smartthings integration. It will probably say it failed, but you will find you have and on and an off switchs for this device on the main Smartthings page. You can use those switches in automations. Smartthings will probably say they are offline, but that does not seem to affect there operation in automations.

1 Like

Thanks Paul. Quick question (sorry!) “Connect the switch to the Tuya/Smartlife app and then run the Smartthings integration.” Where? I can’t see Smartthings integration anywhere in the Tuya app. I can see Alexa and IFTTT integrations, but not Smartthings.

You run the integration from Smartthings, in the +, device section.

I believe @Paul_Oliver is referring to the fact that in the last month or so smartlife added their own integration to the SmartThings app, and that one works with more brands.

So don’t try to use the globe electric integration unless you have devices of that specific brand.

Instead, use the SmartLife app And add your devices to that first. Then add the smartlife integration to the smartthings app.

At that point you should see more of your devices, although not necessarily all.

See discussion in the following thread:

Smart Life integration (July 2020)

Please take questions about the SmartLife integration to that thread.

Smart Life integration (July 2020)

Otherwise people reading this thread in the future are going to be very confused. Thanks!

Any chance you found a solution to this? I think I’m having the same problem: Globe Suite connecting to light + SmartThings... but light won't connect to SmartThings?

Quick update: I emailed Globe support and it works great now. They said there was something up with the “device ID” but they were able to fix it on the backend and it started working as soon as I got their confirmation email (about a day later).

If anyone else is having this problem feel free to refer to case #137055. I sent them tons of screenshots and logs which seemed to help them expedite the fix.

1 Like

I am thinking of getting Globe Electric Wi-Fi Smart Wireless Door and Window Sensor for my garage door. I checked my Smartthings app Add Device and when I select Globe Electric, it comes up with lights, switches & plugs, NO SENSORS. I see JDRoberts posted a question in June 2020, but I don’t see any direct responses. Were you able to set the door/window sensor up in Smartthings?

Globe is another Tuya/SmartLife brand. If it doesn’t specifically say it has Smartthings integration it probably doesn’t.
The work around we use for plugs, switches and bulbs doesn’t work for sensors.
It does have Alexa integration. Contact sensors can trigger routines on Alexa. So you could use Alexa to trigger things in Smartthings.

1 Like

Thank you for such a swift reply. This is very helpful!
:+1:

When I find the time, I already plan to figure out how to have Alexa trigger Smartthings. I received a Feit Electric smart plug as a gift that isn’t showing up in smartthings even though I set it up with the Tuya app and created separate on and off buttons. The Globe Electric door sensor was another gift. Getting these things working is not urgent. Rather than try to return or exchange them, I plan to keep them and eventually figure out how to get them working with smartthings. The plug is already working with Alexa.

It’s a little more complicated than that. Globe is a completely independent company which licenses the tuya smart home platform and rebranded under its own name. Globe is a lighting company which was founded in 1932 in Canada.

https://globe-electric.com/en/history/

Tuya offers hardware devices, a cloud platform, and an app. They were founded in 2012 in China as a cloud services company.

Globe makes its own hardware and app, and just uses the Tuya cloud platform.

Tuya makes its platform available (for a fee) to many different companies. It’s up to those individual companies to decide exactly what if any smartthings integration they want to make available.

Hi, according to Security cameras, smart locks, smart light bulbs - Supported Devices | SmartThings the Globe Electric Smart Door and Window Sensor is not supported. Has this changed?