Getting started - monitoring z-wave activity

There is indeed some substantial difference, and, unfortunately, I haven’t been able to understand the difference.

However, the GE 4560x threads (this following one in particular, explain the difference, including input from SmartThings firmware / device engineers: I think you’ll find the explanation there (and you can Private Message the relevant SmartThings engineers for more details or questions)…

That particular thread was interesting because it’s author, @geko was suddenly able to get a GE 45600 working … for a while; when all other attempts had failed. Diagnosing why it stopped working lead to the detailed explanations of the nature of the GE 45600 remote series and why SmartThings can’t configure or, be configured, … despite the partially similar Aeon Labs Aeotect Minimote (and pals) and Enerwave 7-Button wall pad, and the 3-Button wall scene controller (I forget the brand).

So – sure, there’s still a small possibility you’ll discover something that many folks haven’t. And there’s a theory you can program the GE remotes using a Vera hub and then use them with SmartThings.

In the meantime … I velcro Aeon Minimotes (equivalent to 8-Buttons), which works fine for me.

And, we are all hoping and hoping that multi-button wall switches in ZigBee or new Z-Wave get manufactured by somebody. Aeon Labs is a very good candidate to introduce such a product, as they are in current production of new gear.

1 Like