Get ready to make the switch!

Another missing piece on new app, history log is completely garbage and not able to track status precisely. I would see the most recent ones but after a while they disappeared out of nowhere and only thing left is yesterday’s partial log:

In New app:

Compared to classic app:

By the way, I migrated my not so complicated classic app routines to new app scenes, deleted all the routines in classic app, and… This is what happens :see_no_evil::

@blake.arnold anyway to get routines back???

1 Like

Do you mean the 50 million bloatware installed app on all Samsung devices? :wink:

3 Likes

@blake.arnold

What I found is that if you click on the 3 dots in the right corner of history, click on hide or unhide, then toggle the check next to other messages. It will repopulate your history and it appears to be complete. This is not a permanent fix. I have to do it each time I look at history on both Android 8 & Android 9 devices.

5 Likes

No, that number would be 112 millions :slight_smile: According to Samsung, “52 million users are actively using the app.”

@HA_fanatic - Oh, please excuse me, my bad. I haven’t counted those who has any bluetooth device and the app manages it…

One of the active users:

1 Like

Wow that’s like magic! Thank you for the tip! So how long do I need to do this workaround again? Anyway this needs to be fixed!

1 Like

Until smartthings fixes the bug. At least it’s an easy workaround.

1 Like

nope. you basically just manually migrated yourself.

A ST button being able to change STHM or even mode.

As of November 2019 this should now work by having the button activate a scene which sets the desired value.

2 Likes

I guess I get excited too easily and did a silly move :crying_cat_face: thankfully all my new scenes are working in new app. Only thing is my wife’s Google Assistant doesn’t see any scene created in new app…

No I meant how long would history get messed up and need to do this trick again

I have had to do it each time I go into history. Though, I really don’t go in there that often.

Where does this leave community users who have created or maintain custom DTHs for devices that don’t have official support from Samsung?

As the last user remaining that is maintaining a collection of custom DTHs for Xiaomi / Aqara ZigBee-based devices, I want to know what my options are in terms of bringing full compatibility with the new SmartThings mobile app.

My problem is it appears I am essentially barred access to the new Samsung developer tools and new documentation because I am a third party. I would have to be a employee or official representative of Xiaomi / Aqara in order to gain access.

So I do not have a clear idea of exactly what changes need to be made to all those DTHs I am maintaining to get them fully working in the new app.

I want to know: what options do I have?

If Samsung is not going to provide full support in the new SmartThings mobile app for community-created DTHs for devices of companies that aren’t interested in approaching Samsung directly, then I don’t want to be the one to make that announcement on the above-linked thread. You or another staff member of SmartThings should do that so users are well-informed to make whatever choices they need to make as a result.

8 Likes

Here is another example where the automation scripting is frustrating. I want a siren to sound for a very short burst when a trigger occurs. So I first add the action Alarm on with Delay this action not set. Next I want to add the action Alarm off, with a Delay of say 5 seconds. But because I already used the Siren device in one action I can’t use it again. I will try making two automations from the same trigger…

Later: That worked :slight_smile: However, much neater to have either a) had it in the same automation or b) edit the Zwave Siren handler to allow shorter alarm durations

2 Likes

Talk about convoluted.

What happens to the devices that are only supported in the Classic app. My Rachio sprinkler controller doesn’t work in the new app!?

1 Like

My only remaining DH that is not working correctly in the new app is SimpliSafe. It does show up in the new app but with no control of alarm states.

@blake.arnold
The issue is the child apps are created with INCOMPLETE status in the new app.

2 Likes

Scenes in the new V3 app have a lot of the functionality of Routines from the Classic app.

Back before Webcore, we used to change modes in the Classic app by triggering a Routine. Same idea. So while certainly somewhat convoluted, I think it is part of the traditional smartthings official feature way of working with modes.