Gentle Wake Up - Dimming and Automation

Hi There!

I’m new to ST and one of the first SmartApp apps I installed is Gentle Wake Up.

I’m using the Osram A19 bulbs and Tape light and even though I have the app setup to dim the lights from 0 to 100 and from 100 to 0 the lights don’t dim. They turn on at the last level and stay there. Any ideas what might cause it?

Also, I scheduled Gentle Wake Up to run every weekday, but I don’t see how I can turn off the schedule for holidays or days when I’m sleeping in. I see that routines can be set up not to run in a specific mode, but don’t see that option here. I added a “Sleeping In” mode, hoping I can prevent Gentle Wake Up from running when in this mode.

I appreciate any help you guys can provide! Thanks :slight_smile:

Are you running two Gentle Wake Up commands at the same time ie: one to get brighter, one to dim? They could be conflicting with each other.

I use gentle wake to dim from whatever the current light level is to 1% over a period of time for movies.

You can look into CoRE also.

You’ll get the quickest answer if you ask your question in the author’s thread for the smart app that you are using. Not only will the author get a notification of the question, but other people who are using the same smartapp will see it and so you should get help from someone pretty quickly.

If you can’t remember where the author thread is, you can use the quick browse list in the community – created wiki and check the list for lighting in this case:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=How_to_Quick_Browse_the_Community-Created_SmartApps_Forum_Section

Only running one command at a time. I started reading about CoRE and pistons, but I’m not sure what they are yet :slight_smile:

Thanks! I posted the question in the thread for Gentle Wake Up as well. We can close this one.

1 Like

Here you go: