Geeni Smart Surge

Geeni recently introduced the Smart Surge (https://merkuryinnovations.com/geeni/surge-smart-wi-fi-surge-protector-4-usbs/) which is a WiFi surge protector where each of the 4 outlets can be controlled independently. At $39.99 is would make a cost effective option to control several lamps or other items all located nearby. It also has 4 USB charging ports. It’s controllable by Google Home and Alexa but has anyone successfully integrated it into Smartthings?

If the device itself is connected to the internet (as a wifi device is), then generally ST and the device maker would have to make an official integration, or if the device maker has an open API then a community developer could potentially create one too.

So does this device have an open API?

1 Like

I bought 6 Merkury innovations color bulbs from meh.com. They use geeni Android app. It appears from searching that geeni and “smart life” apps are related. When I installed smart life after geeni it asked me if it was a genie or smart life device.

The point is smart life is in IFFT. I’ve emailed them about an API.

1 Like

Have you been able to add the power strip in the Smart Life app?

I could do some basic integrations if I can at least get the Geeni/Merkury device to show up in IFTTT.

I haven’t gotten back to it yet, but sort of.

In doing some research it looks like these are all resellers of tuya stuff. I have the bulbs in the app, and supposedly it will work with ifft, but I’ll let you know when I get some time.

Ok, so… No luck yet. While smart life integrates with ifft, it doesn’t work with my bulbs. That power strip is intriguing, but I can’t say if this will work. Good luck, sorry.

Yo, fellow mehican!

Any word on Geeni integration (I’ve got several of the bulbs and a power strip)? I’m especially keen for location-triggered automations (e.g., as I approach home, turn the entry lights on), but Google Assistant only offers triggers (and no actions), and I don’t find any other access point to the Geeni devices.

While I know that this is mostly on Geeni, if Assistant had actions in IFTTT, it seems like that would cover it as well.