GE Smart Switch help

Trying to purchase my first set up switches and the description from Lowes has me questioning myself. I’ve got a bank of four switch, each that control a different light. Do I need four of these switches or can I use one of those and three of these? The description almost makes it sound like the first one is a master smart switch the communicates with the ST hub and the other three can control individual lights through it. I want to be able to turn on one or two of the lights, and leave the rest off.

Thanks,
Tim

each circuit needs a master switch. So in your case with a 4 gang box, that’s 4 master switches. The add-on switch is for 3-way or 4-way cases where multiple switches throughout the house turn on the same light fixture(s). For example, typically stairs have a switch at the top and a switch at the bottom that both control the same light. this is a 3-way switch and requires one master and one add-on.

1 Like

Ok, that’s what I was thinking but the “Wirelessly control more lights” line had me questioning that just a little. Thanks for the quick reply!

Thanks,
Tim

1 Like