GE Quirky Aros Air Conditioner Integration

What are the chances that the new GE/Quirky Aros wink enabled smart air conditioner will be able to be integrated into ST? I am still waiting for ST Labs to release the other wink enabled devices like the Nimbus as well.

I believe @wackware already has this working.

Oh, that was quick. Is that in the shared area or still in Labs waiting to be released?

Just finished initial QA. Several updates required and then back to QA for more testing. Soon, folks, soon!

Twack

Seriously, do you ever sleep?

I still think that this thing is a bit of a waste of money. It’s $300 and cools one (+/-) room. I just read an article on Consumer Reports that had a more powerful air conditioner rated really well and costing $200.
Yeah, it isn’t “smart” (out of the box), but I bet it just works a whole lot better.
You want it to become smart? Add a Belkin Wemo Insight switch. ($60)
Now you’re $40 cheaper with a way better air conditioner.
As for the Automation, the Quirky stuff is aptly named. It’s really not ready for prime time (I’m lookin’ at you spotter). If you combine the WeMo with IFTTT, you will have way more power, flexibility, and SmartThings integration.

@wackware is an integration beast.

@vitamincm,

You should do a little more reading up on the Aros capabilities (Energy mngmt, tracking, GeoFencing, etc…). There is a lot more than on/off. But, isn’t it nice there are different things for different people with differing tastes?

Have a great day!
Twack

Sorry, I wasn’t trying to start a whole thing. However, between the Belkin Insight switch, SmartThings, and IFTTT you definitely have Energy management, tracking, and Geofencing. Plus, you get a lot more powerful of an air conditioner.
I do see that having all of this in one device is way more convenient though. I just had a lot of dissatisfaction with a few of the Quirky devices, their app, and their SmartThings integration. I am way leery buying much more expensive and mission critical devices like climate control.
Not trying to attack anybody else’s choices, just trying to help people benefit from some hard lessons I’ve learned myself.

I’m curious if integration has been achieved. I just bought a ST hub and the Aros is the only item I don’t see a way to connect. (Also using wemo & TCP) any information or help would be most appreciated.

Cheers

J

Has integration been achieved? For those interested, the price of the Aros has dropped dramatically.
Its now the price of a “dumb” air condition @ $177 on amazon. That makes it MUCH more attractive, for me at least.

Looks like we’ll have to wait until next year for integration?

I’m working on finishing it again. It works, just need to clean and polish the knobs. Maybe a week… Or two

Still waiting and hoping this will get integrated someday…

Any word on integration?

I noticed this devices type was not included in the SmartThingsComunity github? any plans of incorporating it?

Did the integration ever take place?

Thank you

Good day. Super new to SmartThings I am a wink convert (Forced) and so I’m here trying to finish migrating my old wink stuff. I have a few items that for the life of me I can not get to into SmartThings. The device handler methodology is new to me. For the life of me I can not seem to grasp how to like get my wink ceiling fan added, nor my Schlage lock, or my Aros AC… I have logged into the Samsung IDE portal. I have add a custom app (and can see it on my phone) but it doesn’t work… I hear your a beast at this as your name is spoken highly around here. Super thanks in advance!

Hi and welcome @maconsultant. You replied to a post that’s 4 years old, so you may be waiting a little bit. I suggest looking at these posts and post your questions in there: