I think this has been answered a few times before so if so, I’m sorry for the duplicate.
Overall, my brother and I are looking for a way with the GE Link lightbulbs so that they can be turned on or turned off using the dimming feature but over a period of 1.5 seconds and not be turned on to an instant dim level of say 50%. So for example…
- The motion sensor no longer detects motion so it begins to turn the light off starting at 100%
- 400ms later the light is dimmed to 75%
- 400ms later the light is dimmed to 50%
- 400ms later the light is dimmed to 25%
- 400ms later the light is turned off
From all my research gathered from reading the multiple posts on here, I’ve read the following…
- Hue lightbulbs have a built-in “transitionTime” property which allows this to happen (although $60 a bulb)
- SmartThings hub doesn’t yet support the “transitionTime” property and uses a default of 400ms instant
- GE Link lightbulbs don’t have the “transitionTime” property so it’s not possible?
- Some say it’s possible, others say it’s not possible
I’ve seen a few code examples but slightly unsure how to start to use them, as some as listed as “app” code and others as “device type” code so slightly confusing since we are just starting out!
I’m pretty sure though from reading other posts that in the end, I think I will have to create another “device type” maybe based on the “GE Link” device type which already exists but change the code maybe to incorporate this “transitionTime” property if it’s possible or code it such that it mimics a transition time from say setting the bulb from 100% to 75% and vice versa.
Finally a few of the links I have bookmarked to try to help solve this issue are listed below however I don’t think they are actually relevant to my question but I thought they might be a starting point I guess…
Any help or small tutorials are greatly appreciated, thank you all!