GE link bulb troubles

I bought a batch of GE PAR38 floodlight bulbs to use in a few fixtures outside. I’ve read some past threads about these bulbs having various issues falling off the network, but haven’t heard any recent updates.

I’ve been out of town for a few days, and lo and behold, one of my link bulbs is stuck on, another is stuck off, and the remaining two are responding properly. They’re solidly within my Zigbee mesh, so the problem is not signal strength.

Is there any new information on these regarding firmware updates from GE? Any solid information on whether pairing them to a wink hub temporarily will do anything?

The problem bulbs are listed in the IDE as ZLL profile bulbs, not the newer daylight devices, by the way.

As far as I am aware, they still have the firmware problem. I had 2 GE bulbs that I used as a test and failed on me in a week. I currently have the philips hue whites and so far after 3 months I have zero issues.

2 Likes

Nothing new. It’s a known GE problem (nothing to do with SmartThings) with no resolution as yet.

1 Like

Some of us have had better results pairing them with the Hue hub. You might try that if you have one.

2 Likes

Mine are paired with my Hue v1 Bridge. A few go offline from time to time, but simply removing and reapplying power to them makes them come back.

1 Like

My par38’s are the same way. At least once every 4 or 5 days one of the three will go offline. The only fix is to break out the long pole (they are in a high ceiling) and unscrew it a few turns then screw it back in. If I could find another brand of par38 or 40’s I would replace all three.