Frustrated by the state of things

My Hub V1 is working just fine. I had a very momentary outage (a couple minutes?). No manual reboot or any other intervention required.

In other words: Being an early adopter of a piece of hardware from an unreliable company isn’t a great consumer decision.

This is not directed at you, Ron, but rather the hundreds of people that endlessly day in and day out begged for the release of Hub V2 (1817 posts in just one of the Hub V2 begging Topics…):

And later in the same Topic I wrote:

May 18, 2015…

I would rather heartily recommend patience though, even after release: Don’t rush to be an “early adopter” of the new platform.

If you’ve got time to be a Beta tester (or post-Beta … Gamma (?!) tester), then early adoption is a great service to the Community and hopefully you have a smooth experience with personal benefits.

But there will be a period of time after Hub V2 is in the wild that it could be less stable than Hub V1 (gasp!). Existing Hub V1 customers will have to go through a migration process to Hub V2, and it would be sad to see a lot of folks jump into this and then a rash of Community postings saying “Help! I wish I could rollback!!!”.

:crying_cat_face:

BTW: I’m always right. :wink:

2 Likes