For those using Liftmaster/Chamberlain MyQ

You should only need one 828LM internet gateway to connect both of the garage doors and nothing else. The 8500s already have MyQ enabled. I have 3 myQ enabled garage doors connecting to mine.

1 Like

Great. That makes it pretty inexpensive. Thanks, Andy!

Alsoā€¦ Are you satisfied with the SmartThings hub as far as its reliability in controling your garage doors and letting you know if the doors are open or closed?

For meā€¦ No. SmartThings has no agreement in place with Liftmaster so any integration using their servers can be flaky. I pulled my integration and simply use an open/close sensor for my ā€œyou left the garage door openā€ smartapp, and use the Liftmaster app for verification/control.

Sorry to hear that, scottinpollock. I was hoping there would have been some progress with SmartThings and Liftmaster. :frowning:

Thank you for your candor.

If your ā€œopen/closeā€ sensors are working okay for you, would you mind telling me the manufacturer and model so I can, at least, benefit from your knowledge?

Thanks, again.

I used a SmartThings multi, mounted to the side edge of the door just above the liftmaster deadboltā€¦ Then mounted the magnet to the wall with hot glue. I chose the contact mode as it seemed the most positive.

Any open/close sensor will work. I used the somewhat overkill multi because it was already in use to detect door motion with my previous MyQ integration.

1 Like

Hi all,

If you are using @copyninjaā€™s MyQ device please update to the latest version of the Service Manager and device. It should work better with some of the changes he has made!

1 Like

Itā€™s about time ST and Chamberlain/MyQ get over their communication problem and get these devices fully integratedā€¦ Really, make up and work with each other. ST is working on being the last platform to integrate with the company that produces probably the most devices in this category in the world. This was a CES 2015 (Jan 2015) boasted promised integrationā€¦ Well over a year and we still rely on one man in the world to keep our garage doors operating/integratedā€¦