Liftmaster MyQ

I have a MyQ liftmaster garage door opener with their gateway. Does anyone know what protocol liftmaster uses? It would great to integrate this with smart things.

Thanks,

Scott

Scott, I just released a device type for MyQ. You can find it here:

Adam

2 Likes

Adam,
OUTSTANDING! It works great for me on the android app. I was a little confused on the preferences configuration. You might want to explain these entries are made in the console view of the device. I was looking for a way to configure the device on my phone. The “edit” preferences in the device type is kind of a hidden feature for most of us.
I look forward to figuring out how I can add this to my complex set of apps, modes, etc.
Cheers,
Scott

@essidle you should make this into a service manager SmartApp and submit it!

Hi Adam- Sorry for the question as I understand it is very remedial. I am new to SmartThings. How do I create the new device type as your code indicates? I have tried to search through the community and have not been able to figure it out.
Thanks.

@essidle I’m wondering the same thing. Could you provide a few easy steps to get my LiftMaster working with SmartThings? Thanks.

I’ve tried adding a smart app to open/close on my arrival and departure but that doesn’t seem to work. Not sure if it has to do with the new version of the mobile app as the state doesn’t report correctly until you go into it and update it manually. Either way, thanks for coding this!

I created a new device called MyQ in the IDE which generates a template. I deleted everything in the template except the definition(). Under that, I pasted the code from GitHub.

When I save it, I get this error:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Metadata Error: input() can only be invoked inside a section definition @ line 77

Line 77 for me is the first input of the preferences block:

preferences
{
input(“username”, “text”, title: “Username”, description: “MyQ username (email address)”)
input(“password”, “password”, title: “Password”, description: “MyQ password”)
input(“door_name”, “text”, title: “Door Name”, description: “MyQ Garage Door name or Device ID”)
}

I looked for discussions on this error, but it doesn’t seem to be necessary to add section names in the preferences block.

Any ideas how to get past this?

Thanks, Chris

I just figured out that there is a whole thread on the development of the MyQ support at MyQ Garage Door Device Type

I get the following when trying to create the app.

No signature of method: script1438289005494345292670.metadata() is applicable for argument types: (script1438289005494345292670$_run_closure2) values: [script1438289005494345292670$_run_closure2@265c8430] Possible solutions: getMetadata(), getState(), setState(java.lang.Object), metaClass(groovy.lang.Closure)

Where is the “official” integration that @ben told us was coming ‘soon’?