Flashing before powering down

Does anyone know why my lights flash before powering down? They are Sylvania LED trims connected by a GE zWave dimmer (with a neutral). Check it out:

Have you tried other brand/model dimmable led’s? Some bulbs are just finicky bastards…

No. In the rest of my house I have Commercial Electrics and in one room with the same type GE dimmer, I see freakish behavior. However, the rest of the Commercial Electrics with the same GE dimmers work fine. This is the first time I’ve tried the Sylvania’s since I am now a more frequent Lowe’s customer for obvious reasons :slight_smile:

Maybe try switching the bulbs to a different part of the house… See if the problem follows the bulb, if yes, it’s the bulb.

All three are doing it though so it’s unlikely to be a single bulb issue no?

If all three bulbs see the same brand, it could be a brand issue, which is what I’m betting on.

1 Like

I am having this exact same problem. I have 4 bulbs on a GE 12724 in wall dimmer and 8 bulbs on another GE 12724 dimmer. The set of 4 do the exact same thing. All of the bulbs are Sylvania 5" or 6" inch 65w (9w) recessed kits.

Did you ever find a resolution for this?

UNfortunately not

I found this post:

Maybe this is the same problem we’re having.

I found this device Handler I am going to try out: