Fire Tablet Setup Script for ActionTiles [BETA UPDATE 12-4-18]

Ahhh, yeah the ads are gone, and ts really not a huge deal to just swipe up after a failure. Thanks

Adds are gone ? You mean I didnā€™t have to pay that extra 15 dollars ??? Mannnn

I have the HD 8 8th Gen running Fire OS 6.3.0.1. Most of the Fire Utility failed. :disappointed:

Hi Im totally new to this just trying to learn . I have done all that you have mentioned most of which has worked except I cant get any of the pre loaded apps to delete it just says failure delete failure internal error , any idea what iā€™m doing wrong . iā€™m trying this on a fire 7 running 5.3.6.4 any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Ben,
Youā€™re not doing anything wrong, unfortunately in later os versions, Amazon blocked the ability to remove factory apps.

Where did you get that mount and cable from?

1 Like

Ebayā€¦ 3D printed wall mountā€¦ 35- 40 USD

2 Likes

I just want to confirm. If I go on Amazon today and get an Fire HD8 (Iā€™ll pay the $15 extra to get the ads removed) WIll I be able to run the new BETA scripts? if so how will this differ from the old script? I donā€™t care if amazon apps on on the tablet but I do want to run Action Tiles and have the ability to have it on all the time, without locking or unlock upon motion or unlock by touch. I also want LANouncer etc. Will I be able to do this or do I need to pay a little more for a non Amazon Tablet?

The beta script is similar to v1. It adds a few options, and generally makes it easier to load up action tiles, but it is not required.

If you have the money for a better tablet, by all means. With that being said, I have AT running 24/7 with only the occasional swipe needed. Maybe once a month which is good enough for me.

Thank you aron7676. This will also make it so I do not need to dissemble the tablet as outlined in the xda mode guide? Thank you again

The script does not root your tablet.
Itā€™s basic function is to make side loading the apps easier. And if youā€™re on an old enough firmware version it will remove Amazon apps.

Truthfully, if you are just running ActionTiles, the script is not needed at all. I used it on all of my Tablets because Ineas able to load LANnouncer. Now with Echo Speaks, that is not needed any longer.

Script is still good though to load the Google Apps.

1 Like

Thanks Ron! do you need the script to run LANnouncer? I am not an alexa house so Echos are not an option.

you can sideload it manually or you can use the script and save yourself some time trying to find the APK to download it and then side-load.

thank you apron7676, I just ordered my HD8 so I will give it a shot
Thank you!

FYI:

I have added a little low-key announcement about ActionTiles being now available in the Amazon Appstore.

Please click below for details. Cheers!

1 Like

Hmm. Game changer? Only thing that would make this better if there was a holiday deal on action tiles right now!

15% off Location/Hub Licenses using Code: HOHO15P - Expires Dec 28, 2018.

2 Likes

I have some questions about getting going with my new, unopened, 2018 (I assume; just got it directly from Amz in Nov.) Fire 7 Tabletā€¦

Q1: do i need to root it?
I recall discussions a while back (maybe a year or two ago or more) rooting being a way of getting these things to a state where we can actually use them like we would any otherwise ā€˜normalā€™ Android tablet.

Is that no longer necessary, and will this script do enough for me?

Q2: If Iā€™m going to be using Echo Speaks instead of LANnouncer, and the newly released ActionTiles app (assuming I can get it on thereā€¦can I?) instead of Fully, will I still benefit from using this script, or is there a better way of going about what I want?

Curious on how I can get my ring cameras into action tiles, if I still need to sideload the third party app?