Fibaro Z-Wave Motion Sensor

Well, I’ve attempted a cancellation. If I get them I’ll definitely try, and if they don’t work I’ll contact support.

Support already know and have an open ticket to fix. I have been given no indication how long this will take to fix though.

Ok sweet. Good to know they are looking at the issue.

Got mine this morning…Wish I had spotted this thread first… Mine will find and connect but it ST thinks its a Fibaro smoke alarm.

Yes, that is what we are all seeing with the new version. ST support have said it is too early to give me an eta on the fix.

Has anyone managed to find a working device type with 3.2? I appear to have 3 Fibaro motion contollers in my IDE, but no way to distingush them easily.

I dont know my device type but I did have to change the device type to fibaro motion sensor in IDE. I am assuming you guys have done that right? Mine showed up as a smoke alarm as well but after changing the device type it worked fine.

Yep I did that but although I can get lux, temp and tamper working, motion & vibration seems to be a problem. I removed the device and re-installed with a different fibaro motion device driver and while the default one appears to be better, it still seems to not be returning all the right data. It seems to keep the null values on the device type which may be my problem.

Did you try the custom device code provided here?

Hi @chowder007
I think so…as “here” is a bit of an open description

I used the default UK device type and Cyril Peponnts.

I’m currently on the UK DT

the procedure I ran through was as follows

1. Excluded first attempt (removed device and pressed B 3 times)
  2. Added device from app - Found as smoke detector
  3. Changed device to UK device type in IDE
  4. Confirmed with B on device
  5. pressed configure on app (IDE shows configured as false)

Results
Motion yes - (No actual motion)
vibration yes - (no vibration)
100% Battery - OK
33 lux - OK I think
temp 8.2 & dropping - OK

I’ve compared Cyrils Device type to Firmware 3.2 and some of the descriptions and defaults appear to be different.

Did you do your initial add from the app or the IDE?

I did the initial add from the app scanning for it. Are you in the UK?

Yep, the sensors are brand new EU 3.2’s I’ve got 2 neither has worked properly yet though I can tell by their LED’s they are detecting motion and vibration

I took delivery of my 5x 3.2s today. I’ve opened one so far.

Standard device type shows constant motion and vibration detected.

Custom (Cyril’s) shows constant motion, zero vibration (even if there is some).

Lux looks ok, and temp.

At least it’s consistent. I got the same results

Yes, same results for me as well

So everything is working other than vibration? Or its showing constant motion even when there isnt any?

Are you sure you have 3.2 and got it fully working by changing the device type? I’ve tried that many times with both stock and will cyrills and motion does not work, only lux and temperature.
Also had confirmation from support that there isn’t a solution yet.
Can you share your exact steps for success? Very keen to get mine working too.

Always motion, even if there is no motion

Oh no, I never said I had the newest version. It wasn’t clear on my packaging, I am sorry if I implied that. Just from reading the comments it wasn’t clear to me that they had done those steps and was making sure. :smiley:

Constant motion

I’ve switched to Cyrils and both have constant motion. I did notice though in reading Cyrils docs that it will take a while to sync his parameters. So i’ll wait and see - constant vibration is caused by the setting of parameter 24. Where it becomes a tamper sensor.

I also noted that a few of the parameters in the v32 docs are different and so had to make some changes to either new parameters or different defaults.