Fibaro Smoke Sensor battery drain

Hi
Recently smarthings V3 was released in Sweden and I ditched my Domoticz setup. I never had issues with my Fibaro Smoke Sensors, but now I got a massive battery drain:

|2019-07-07 12:45 em CEST - 1 day ago |battery|10 %|%|
|2019-07-06 6:41 em CEST - 2 days ago|battery|15 %|%|
|2019-07-05 12:36 em CEST - 3 days ago|battery|20 %|%|
|2019-07-04 6:32 em CEST - 4 days ago|battery|25 %|%|
|2019-07-04 6:30 fm CEST - 5 days ago|battery|30 %|%|
|2019-07-03 12:26 fm CEST - 6 days ago|battery|35 %|%|

It does choose the correct device handler automatically, but check the values “Preferences”, there are no numbers, could this be the issue? What could be wrong, and how can I solve it?

Hello Erik_H,
have you tried chcecking wake up interval time in Zwave controller settings? Perhaps you could set longer periods of sending reports.

Regards,
FIBARO Team

Well no, since there are no settings to adjust, something is broken in that “Preference” section since there are no values.

In Domoticz and OpenZWave I could edit all of those settings, but now I can’t in Smartthings. But I should add that I never changed any values in Domoticz, I just ran it as default and had no issues with battery drain.

But since you are FIBARO_official I can also mention that I have issues with my fibaro motion sensors, I can’t edit those settings either. I don´t have any batterydrain, but I have the issue that motion isnt registered correctly in smartthings. I got the Fibaro motions sensor 2.07, and unfortunately it appears that these are having troubles in smartthings, which the v 3.2 doesn´t . It’s to bad because I have spent a lot of money on fibaro stuff, I am really not into the mood of buying 3 new fibaro motion sensors and hope that I get the correct version

Case Notification for #177085
[SmartThings Community] [Devices & Integrations] Fibaro Smoke Sensor battery drain
Dear customer,
Thank you for submitting your request. We will respond to every request as soon as possible. To provide the fastest and most complete support, please be sure you sent us all necessary details of your query. If not, feel free to answer to this email and provide the details.

Please take a look at our [ Knowledge Base](http://manuals.fibaro.com/knowledge-base/)                                          , where you can find out, how to set up FIBARO system and where you can find Use Cases, Tutorials and answers to Frequently Asked Questions.

Need a manual? Go to [ Manuals](http://www.manuals.fibaro.com)                                          .

**Personal Data Processor**
                                      The administrator of your personal data is Fibar Group S.A. based in Poznań, Poland. The administrator appointed a Data Protection Officer supervising the correctness of personal data processing. You can contact him at dpo@fibaro.com.

The purpose of processing data is registration of correspondence and replies, claims and protection against claims.
                                      The full information about data processing is available at https://www.fibaro.com/en/privacy-policy.

Drogi Użytkowniku,
                                      dziękujemy za przesłanie zgłoszenia. Udzielimy odpowiedzi w możliwie najkrótszym czasie.

Aby usprawnić proces obsługi, prosimy o uzupełnienie zgłoszenia o niezbędne szczegóły .

Zachęcamy do zapoznania się z [ Bazą Wiedzy](http://manuals.fibaro.com/knowledge-base/)
                                      , w której znajduje się wiele przydatnych instrukcji.

Jeśli poszukują Państwo instrukcji obsługi, znajdują się one [ tutaj](http://www.manuals.fibaro.com)                                          .

**Przetwarzanie danych osobowych**

Administratorem Państwa danych osobowych jest Fibar Group S.A. z siedzibą w Poznaniu. Administrator wyznaczył Inspektora Ochrony Danych nadzorującego prawidłowość przetwarzania danych osobowych. Mogą się Państwo z nim skontaktować, pisząc na adres poczty elektronicznej: dpo@fibaro.com.

Celem przetwarzania danych jest rejestracja korespondencji i udzielenie odpowiedzi oraz dochodzenie roszczeń i ochrona przed roszczeniami.

Pełna treść obowiązku informacyjnego dostępna jest pod adresem https://www.fibaro.com/pl/privacy-policy.

This message was send by Fibaro Technical Support.

Case #177085

[[d4627ef1193210cb4f1024f5dcd1aba736cfa889-1430159623]]

Case Notification for #177085
[SmartThings Community] [Devices & Integrations] Fibaro Smoke Sensor battery drain

Agent: Piotr Wardęcki
Piotr Wardęcki
12 Jul 19
Hello,

Please use the Samsung Classic app and the appropriate Z-wave handler from here:
https://manuals.fibaro.com/knowledge-base-browse/smartthings-handlers/

Stopka mailowa
Pozdrawiam/Kind regards,
Piotr Wardęcki
Tech Support
support@fibaro.com
+48 618 801 000
+44 845 154 2852
+33 970 733 545

Fibar Group S.A.
HQ: ul. Lotnicza 1, 60-421 Poznan / OFFICE: ul. Serdeczna 3, 62-081 Wysogotowo
TAX no.: PL7811858097 / BDO no.: 000008175
REGON/Polish National Business Reg, no.: 301595664 / Share capital: 1 182 100 PLN
KRS (reg. no): 0000553265, Regional Court of Poznan Nowe Miasto and Wilda in Poznan,

VIII Commercial Division of the National Court Register

SmartThings Community
12 Jul 19

Well no, since there are no settings to adjust, something is broken in that “Preference” section since there are no values.

In Domoticz and OpenZWave I could edit all of those settings, but now I can’t in Smartthings. But I should add that I never changed any values in Domoticz, I just ran it as default and had no issues with battery drain.

But since you are FIBARO_official I can also mention that I have issues with my fibaro motion sensors, I can’t edit those settings either. I don´t have any batterydrain, but I have the issue that motion isnt registered correctly in smartthings. I got the Fibaro motions sensor 2.07, and unfortunately it appears that these are having troubles in smartthings, which the v 3.2 doesn´t . It’s to bad because I have spent a lot of money on fibaro stuff, I am really not into the mood of buying 3 new fibaro motion sensors and hope that I get the correct version

Hi
I just came back from vacation. I have not tried the smoke detectors yet, but I did change the Device Handler for the motion sensor and I think that you didnt understand me.

I got the fibaro motions sensors v2.07. The device handler you have on your website is for v3.2 and doesnt work at all. No motion is detected.

The original device handler for v2.07 which is built into Smartthings do detect motion, but it doesnt behave correctly, and the settings that can be set using smartthings classic doesnt work at all. Nothings gets sent to the fibaro motion sensor (even after wakeup). For example I cant turn off the LED. Also it is pretty strange that three of my motion sensors have different LED color even though all are factory reseted.

Also, if I set an automation that “If no motion is detected for 5 minutes, turn off the lights”, it does not work properly. For example, if I am in the room for 5 minutes and keep on moving, it turns of the lights 5 minutes after I triggered the sensor the first time. During those 5 minutes I can confirm that the sensor does see me multiple times since the LED is blinking when I move. But this is for some reason not reported correctly to Smartthings Hub.

You really need to fix the fibaro motion sensor device handler for the v2.07