Fibaro Smart Implant

Sorry, I was asking about parameters 152 and 153, which are related to alarm inputs, but I noticed that code was not pushed to GitHub. I pushed it now.
Since your version did not have those they were likely set to defaults, so that’s ok.

It is indeed strange. Is it be possible for you to test the implant using a simple button connected to the alarm input, rather than the alarm system? I’m thinking it would make testing easier, and also eliminate the alarm system as a possible cause.

The alarm is connected via relays, so should simply be open or closed.

I’ll put some wiring direct onto it with wagos at the weekend and see how that works.

Roy

Ok, total newbie here needing some help. Two problems: 1) not getting read on my DS18B20 sensor and 2) my smart implant heats up to 106 when I plug it into my power source:

My setup:
Power: 12v, 1.25 amp, connected black to blue, red to red
DS18B20 sensor blue to black, yellow to white, red to brown
Installed DH with all 6 handlers, connect the probe before adding the device

What I am doing wrong?

So I may have the whole function of this thing wrong, but my intent is to use the Implant as a switch, with my gate connected to the output 1 (to open and close it), but I only need it triggered via SmartThings, so no switch plugged into input1 at all. I have tried all of @ovidiu.pruteanu’s DH’s from Github, but not getting an option to actually trigger the switch on/off via SmartThings. Am I doing something wrong, or will this not work that way? Attaching a screenshot of what I see in SmartThings, but it seems to be reporting only, not allowing me to turn it on/off from ST.

Please help!

OK… I just figured out that I need to install ALL 6 DH’s for this to work - I thought the others were for if you were just using a subset of the Implant’s functionality! (so while I had installed all 6, never at the same time…) So I installed all 6 at the same time (different names, of course), and it works as I need it to!

Thank you for the work on this much appreciated, and it will save my project!

@Michael_Baird 106 is a little high. I have one that sits in the open like this and stays at 35°C (95°F) and another that’s inside a case that stays at 44°C (111°F). Their manual says that it’s operating temperature is 0–40°C (32–104°F), but I haven’t had any issues with mine.

The connection to DS18B20 looks correct. Does it show any temperature, or just “–”? Also, does the refresh button do anything?

@ovidiu.pruteanu Thanks for the reply! So I’ve been tinkering with it more and the Implant only gets to 106 when the DS18B20 is connected. When not connected the Implant sits at a cool 92. I tried connecting the DS18B20 to its own independent power supply and that power supply heated up as well. I’ve tried a couple of different probes and have the same problem with each. Maybe a bad batch of probes? When the probe is connected it just shows “-”, no temperature. The refresh button doesn’t seem to do anything.

Is there a way to test the probe itself with a multi meter? When a connect the red and black wires of the probe to a multi-meter on resistance setting I only get “OL”, I don’t know much about electronics and circuits but I thought maybe I should be reading some resistance on the probe. Is that the case?

I tested 3 DS18B20 sensors with the multimeter and I got these results:

Multimeter Red - Sensor Black, Multimeter Black - Sensor Red: 12.9 MΩ
Multimeter Red - Sensor Black, Multimeter Black - Sensor Yellow: 14 MΩ
For any other wire combination I get “OL”

Also, one of my implants with 3 sensors connected is at 32°C (89°F)

Ok, I’ve gone back and double checked everything. The Smart Implant is wired as a Binary Sensor / Button as per the SmartThings manual. I removed the SmartImplant and then re-added it as a Button and set it to Bistable. I can turn this on/off via the alarm relays with no problem and completely reliably too.

I had thought that the Alarm icons on the app indicated setup for Contact sensor, ie. the binary sensor option, but I can’t seem to get that to work at all.

If I set it to Button and Bistable then it is working perfectly.

Roy.

@ovidiu.pruteanu Thanks for the help! Sounds like I may have gotten a bad batch of sensors, just ordered some more and will try them out.

@ovidiu.pruteanu Got the new probes and everything worked immediately. Such a headache trying to problem solve with faulty probes. Thanks so much for your work on the DH and your help problem solving. Do you have a venmo account I could send a few bucks to as a way of saying thanks?

As another use application: I am planning on using two smart implants with temp probes to monitor attic temperature, garage temperature, and outdoor temperature for the purpose of controlling ducting on a Rheem Hybrid water heater with ducting to the attic, garage, and outdoors. The input air to the Rheem unit will come from either the attic or garage, whichever is warmer. The cold output air from the unit will either be ducted to the garage or outdoors depending on whether I want the cold air in the house or not. I am using Suncourt motorized dampers (both normally open and normally closed) connected to a smart outlet. I am using AtticFanControl from joyfulhouse SmartApp as a temperature differential controller which will turn on and off the outlet (flipping the damper) whenever the attic temperature drops below the garage temperature (or vice versa). Hoping I have the time to do a little modifications to the SmartApp to set it up specifically for this purpose, but as is, it looks like I can make it work with the defaults already in the app.

Hi @ovidiu.pruteanu

This is really some impressive work! Thank you!

Do you have any idea if the analogue input could be made to work?

I have a water reservoir with a gauge for measuring the water level in the tank. The output from the gauge is an analogue 0-10V output, and it would be super great to be able to use that as a readout in percent.

0-10V = 0-100%

@carlhye I added support for analog sensors. https://github.com/ovidiupruteanu/SmartExpanse/tree/master/devicetypes/ovidiupruteanu (add all 7 DTHs to your IDE)

In the main device you’ll have to choose “2-wire analog sensor” or “3-wire analog sensor” for input operating mode. In the child device you have settings for minimum voltage and maximum voltage. Adjust these for your sensor. For displaying the sensor level I had to use the Battery capability, it was the only one that could display a percentage.

I noticed one limitation, which is also true for temperature sensors. It won’t report changes more frequent than 30 seconds.

With all the talk of us being moved across to the new app. Can I check whether this will work if we migrate across ? Does adding the device from scratch all still work ?

Thanks,
Roy.

My understanding is that the current version will not work after the migration. I’ll probably have to rewrite it with the new API.

Great work, I just purchased my first Smart Implant and looking forward to use your DH. Your work is one of the reason I bought the sensor.

I’ve only used the new app and hope things will work.

You are awesome!

+30s update interval is more than adequate for my application.

Thank you!
Can’t wait to test.

Do you think you will have some time to be able to make this work with the new app ?

I migrated to the new app today (iOS). Works.

How did you manage to select the switches ? In my new app i cant choose what swicthes i would like to use, but if i go into the old one and choose they appear in the new one also so it works in one way but its not good.