[OBSOLETE] Fibaro Roller Shutter 2 - FGRM-222 (DTH in post 24) (UK Device)

Thank you for the great handler. I hooked my fgr-222 to a motorised projector screen but can’t get it to calibrate and time limit on the motor doesn’t work either. Any advice would be great

I have setup my curtain as Roller blind without positioning . But pressing close on the SmartThings app does not always close the curtain. I have to press thrice on the physical switch before the curtain will close. It is connected to a momentary switch, Open to S1 and Close to S2. Have check the wiring and it matches the connection recommended by Fibaro. Anyone have any solution or face similar issues?

One question, way set capability switch and not blind? If you set blind smatthing app show blind icon

Another, i can use device in “my home” with @julbmann device handler, but i cannot use routines at all, no open close or dim my blind, if i use same routines with my hue bulb work correctly…

Rewrite Routine setLevel as this to make work with Routines and google assistant.

def setLevel(levelx) {
log.debug(“Executing setLevel($levelx)”)
def level = levelx.toInteger()

if (invert) {
    level = 100 - level
}
if(level > 99) level = 99
if (level <= (openOffset ?: 95) && level >= (closeOffset ?: 5)) {
    level = level - (offset ?: 0)
}

log.debug("set level ${level}")
delayBetween([
    zwave.basicV1.basicSet(value: level).format(),
    zwave.switchMultilevelV1.switchMultilevelGet().format()

], 10000)
}

Great app!

I know have two rollers working with the fibaro roller shutter 2 and your app but I can only either have them totally closed or open.

In the app when they are at 100% they are fully opened and at 0% they closed, at it should be.

The problem is I can’t placed them anywhere in the middle and I’ve already changed the device type to Fibaro Dimmer. Or should they be configured as Fibaro Dimmer 2 ZW5?

And the Calibrate button doesn’t appear in my app. Is it because I’m using iOS or that shouldn’t make any difference?

Hi Julien,
I am using your DH with no problems and able to define routines successfully. What I miss is the ability to activate scenes (parameters 50) . I configured my switches as toggle switches (parameter 14 is 1) and want to fully open my shutter if double press is detected in S1 and close it if double press is detected in S2. Is that possible ? Please advice.

I’ve put a pull request into @julbmann with a fix for the problem of Window Shades not working in Routines.

I thought I was the first to it, but right at the bottom of the thread I see that @Mauro_Celli has suggested a very similar fix.

If anyone wants to test it (@Sergio_T, @Shiirrh, @cyberrage, @Antonio_Ruiz, @Tof?) then you don’t need to wait for Julian to accept the pull request - can simply update the handler with the change directly. It’s all in one place in the file.

@craigseymour Thanks a lot! I’m gonna test it right now and let you know, should also be able to tell to amazon echo to open/close instead of turnon/turnoff with this change?

I noticed a flaw in the code. When I put that in the routine to close at night. It will try to close the shutter regardless of checking it’s current status. If it’s already closed it still try to close it again (which is triggering my alarms).

It would be nice it acts depends on the current status. Eg: if it’s already don’t excute close or vice versa.

1 Like

dunno - we’re a Google Home household :-). Although the kids do have Echos, so I guess I could take a look. Let me know.

@craigseymour i tested your modifications and after it i wasnt able anymore to set blinds at a certain %, even amazon echo answer “ok” if i ask her to set xxxx to x% but nothing happens, with original dth it works so i reverted back

@julbmann can i have the dth before the modifications? the new one doesn’t work anymore for me, i’m unable to set blinds to a specific level %

Sorry I thought you tested your changes before submitting your PR.

I just reset the PR so now the code is as before. Sorry but I have no time to test and work on this project :frowning: so I can just merge PR if there are some.

Do you find a solution for US frequency?

@julbmann @cyberrage - sorry for the broken pull request and for the delay in getting back to you (been on hols for 2 weeks). It didn’t seem like the kind of change that would break stuff, and it works fine in the ST app and Google Home.

I’ve found our our old Amazon Echo Dot, so I’ll take a look and see what might be going wrong. That’s it though - I don’t have access to any other smart controllers :hushed:

@Shiirrh - I’ll have a look at your request as well, although that’s a bigger change and may stretch my understanding of what needed to be done. The first change I made really just checks that a number is really a number, so nothing really too clever :smiley:

@cyberrage - I think I found the problem. You can see the changes made at https://github.com/julienbachmann/smartthings/pull/3/files if you want to try them out before @julbmann approves the pull request (full file here)

I will test this when i am back at home, in 5 hours
Big thank to try to solve :wink:

1 Like

I have test with my google home and the smatthings app and it work very good
I just can’t open or close partialy (50% for exemple) but i think it was the same before.
Thank you

@Tof - that’s a shame. I just tested it now and it seems to work OK for me. Do any errors show in the live logs?

@Shiirrh - Iadded some code which may fix the issue you reported - it stops the setLevel function doing anything if the level is already the same as that being requested. See post 108 for details on how to access it if you want to test it