Fibaro 2 Dimmer (212 not 211)

I’ve fixed this and sent David a pull request

I’ve got about 10 of these now working in brick walls with metal backboxes and metal faceplates. All seem to be working reliably - although it’s still early days for me.

1 Like

Just got my Fibaro 212 set up.

I have a momentary switch in S2 that when pressed triggers anything you want.

I have 1 click - full lights
2 click med lights
3 click lights off.

Works a treat - Fibaro Dimmer Double Click Action

If you need any help let me know

OK what am I doing wrong? :fearful:

I used rmbhatia Rajiv code from Sep '15 - Saved and published to the device obvisouly, go to the app click on it and the light flick on and more or less straight away they turn off!!

Which parameters do I need to change?

Thanks, I it was a while ago but I think I was asking why triple click didn’t work on S1. I didn’t have a switch connected to S2. I’ve been using that app an have a double click turn the lamps on and off. And on my switch in the lounge that has S2 the second switch toggles the laps on and off. It works great.

I’ve read somewhere recently that the new device handler has instructions for getting the association working so the dimmer can directly control other devices without going through the hub, but I’ve not tried this yet.

Yup, using this device handler you can configure device assocations (including multi-channel associations) The direct communication between devices typically gives a much quicker response then relying on a smartapp.

[RELEASE] Fibaro Dimmer 2 (FGD-212) - Advanced DTH (V2)

1 Like

OK - So I have managed to sort my problem, I had a faulty dimmer 2 exchanged it and installed the new one. Same code switch works on/off but hardly dims the LED bulbs? I have enough load around 120w - They are dimmable with an ordinary dimmer.

Auto-calibration has probably been overly-conservative determining the min and max dimming levels. Check what it’s set them as and adjust as necessary.

Yeah spot on ! All sorted now I thought I had done that. Cheers :+1:

Hi All,

I have install the Fibaro dimmer 2 in my hallway and connected to LED Dimmerable GU10 bulbs. I can dim them perfectly from the App, but when I select a routine which I have created which under motion lights will come on and set to 20%, they will only go to full 100%.

Anyone know who i can resolve this.

thanks

Hi everybody, i need your help. i bought a Fibaro Dimmer 2 to use with my Smart Things but no success so far. Can you please direct me to the following:

• Where can i download the latest code to add so i can have all the functionality?
  • Any step by step guide on how to install and the cables?
  • I have only 2 cables, not 3. does that work?
  • any other recommendation? does it work with non-dimmable lights as well? in 2 cable setup?

Thanks
Gustavo

Here you go:
Device Handler: [RELEASE] Fibaro Dimmer 2 (FGD-212) - Advanced DTH (V2)

Wiring details: (Make sure of the model) http://www.vesternet.com/resources/application-notes/apnt-1#.WRCgctJ94dU

It is possible (as you’ll see in the link) to use the dimmer without a Neutral wire.

If you have a two wire setup with non-dimmable loads (I guess LEDs?), then you will need the Fibaro Bypass 2, otherwise your LEDs will glow when they are off.

… if you are drawing less than 25w.

Technically if you have a non dimmable load you may need one anyway or it could cause damage to the device while the Fibaro forces some residual current through it… But with good quality kit you’re probably right

Hoping someone here can help me solve a bit of a mystery. I’ve been using the Fibaro Dimmer 2’s(without issue) for the past 6months. All of a sudden today none of the dimmers are responding to ST/webcores request to turn on(they still work manually from the wall switch).

What is odd is that when I go into ST’s app and look at the ‘Recently’ tab, I can see the state of the dimmers and their power consumption, however if I click ‘Turn on/off’ nothing happens.

This has happened to all(about 8) of the units I’m using around the house and I can’t figure out what is going on. I have rebooted the hub and tried cycling power to the lighting ring to see if I could reestablish the connection, but it’s as if they no longer no how to respond to the ‘On’ command.

Live logging only shows one line when trying: 6:28:59 PM: info on(): Turning dimmer on.

Any ideas?

I have about 30 dimmers in my house and this happens occasionally to me too. Recalibrating the dimmer normally sorts this out. I think it is parameter 12 or 13

Thanks for the suggestion - I have tried that and I get ‘Sync Pending’ which isn’t a good sign.

I have tried removing and re-adding one of my Dimmer2’s just to make sure a power surge didn’t fry them or anything, and when I remove from ST’s and re-add it works fine.

So I’m not sure what else to try out… I have also ‘Repaired’ my Z-wave network just to make sure a node wasn’t causing some issues, but this doesn’t have a big impact either.

So, having trawled through this, I think I’ve managed to answer my own question, but for completeness:

If I want to use a Fibaro Dimmer for 4x MR16 (12V) LED lights in the bathroom, I can either

1. use the RGBW dimmer wired direct to the fixtures (and potentially have individual control?) or
  2. use a Dimmer2 wired to the existing dimmable transformers

Have I got that right? Is 1) really an option, because it seems somewhat mad?

I’m mentally downgrading this to a “I’m curious but don’t actually need to know” question, because on further investigation, there are very few dimmable MR16 LED bulbs, so I’ll be replacing them with GU10s, which will be 230V.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯