FAQ: Full list of buttons and remotes confirmed to work with SmartThings [Not all devices listed work with the 2020 Platform]

@djsvetljo

Are they zwave? Zwave association should be able to control any other zwave device.

They do sell a zwave plus version of the linear.

Also, the new GE zwave plus have association, but no idea how that works as far as dimming and instant.

1 Like
1 Like

Sunricher Wall Mounted Buttons (UK Zwave, maybe US Zwave)

I’m going to put this here is a placeholder for now and fill it in later.

Sunricher makes a variety of wall-mounted button controllers. You can find them to buy on the UK zwave frequency. They’re supposed to be available on the US frequency, but I’ve never seen them for sale anywhere. However, neither of these are listed on the Z wave alliance site and they are not using the Z wave logo, which might mean they’re counterfeit.

They also make is a zigbee pro version which is certified. Like all zigbee pro devices, it might work with SmartThings, or it might join and then keep losing connection. You would just have to try it and see. It would need custom code.

http://www.sunricher.com/single-color-wall-mounted-z-wave-push-button-secondary-controller-light-switch-sr-zv9001k2-dim.html#product_tabs_specifications

I created the device handler and I can see some battery reset messages in the log.
In the android app I can see the device as “controller”, but I’m not following how I actually link this switch up to control my lights.
I’ll take a closer look at the code tomorrow and see if that helps me out.

I suspect from the user manual for the sunricher device that these steps are what I’ve not figured out

"Once the remote and controllable devices are added to the network, choose from your gateway or hub interface to
associate the device with the remote. (Please refer to their user manual to learn how)“
And
"Control the devices associated with this controller
• How to control the controllable devices:
Configure the remote via gateway with CC “COMMAND_CLASS_ASSOCIATION” or
“COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL_ASSOCIATION” to associate the controllable devices with the remote.
• How to undo the control to controllable devices:
Configure the remote via gateway with CC “COMMAND_CLASS_ASSOCIATION” or
“COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL_ASSOCIATION” to disassociate the controllable device with the remote.
Note: all configuration parameters for association will be removed automatically after the remote is removed from the
network”

I suspect that smart things has no native interface for doing this configuration and it will need to be done through the device handler or app code.

Those are excerpts from here btw
http://www.sunricher.com/media/resources/manual/sr-zv9003t-rgbw-eu-user-manual-1.pdf

Hi @Steve_Hunt - please follow up in the DH thread - not here.

However 2 things from what you have said:

1. Did you follow the correct configuration procedure? can you see button presses registered in the recently section? If the answer is no - then you have not.
  2. The manual won’t help you link it up to say some lights - you’ll have to use a smart app for that: e.g. Smart Lighting or CoRE or WebCore and others
1 Like

also @Steve_Hunt That manual you posted is for a different product - is that the device that you have? if so this DH won’t help you. As posted in the DH thread, the DH is for these products: http://www.sunricher.com/z-wave-series/z-wave-secondary-controllers.html

I got an idea - I am planning to use Home Seer HS-WS100+ switch as a scene controller, action activation - or simply a switch. I picked it because of it’s double tap, triple tap, and hold functions. I do wonder 2 things:

1. Will the hold up/down be able to control another Z-Wave dimmer
  2. Will the switch work ok without any load connected to it? This is probably a question for the manufacturer so I emailed them for their input.

Good questions, I would ask them in the thread for the people who are using that particular device. You’ll get your quickest answers there. (This is a clickable link)

HomeSeer support confirmed there is no issues running it without load.

My usage and set up:
Primary dimmer is Lutron 1000w, low voltage magnetic.
Slave HS-WS100+ turns on and off the dimmer; with single taps
It dims is up and down with holding up or down paddle (buttons 5 and 6 per DTH); slight delay (it’s more sensible vs directly attached auxiliary). It’s set up through CoRE - you can hold down till desired dim is reached (probably release one idea earlier due to delay). I’ve set it up so it dims +5 or -5 and it’s smooth enough.

The biggest challenge was to sync Lutron main and the HS virtual auxiliary, mainly because it was my first interaction with CoRE. What I’ve done is: If Lutron turns on, turns on auxiliary (to sync). But when I set up the opposite, it double triggered (HS triggered Lutron on which triggered sync and HS on again and vice versa). So I added a condition, HS - turns on Lutron only if Lutron is off and vice versa.

Additionally, I use double tap and triple tap to toggle 4 more lights. That was the main reason I went with the HomeSeer HS-WS100+ in the 1 gang space I had. The Lutron was a must due to LVM transformer.
Overall, for $50, the HS-WS100+ is a great scene./action controller with 8 button combinations. The dimmer version, HS-WD100+ can be even used as a virtual roller shades or fan with visual indication low (LED dim level lights).

1 Like

This thread is just intended as a list of the buttons and switches that work with SmartThings, not for individual discussion or recommendations. ( otherwise it becomes too hard to read.) You will notice that the individual posts generally have a link to a thread where you can ask follow on questions about a specific device.

Otherwise, start a new thread under projects and people will be glad to give you advice About your particular set up . :sunglasses:

https://community.smartthings.com/c/projects-stories

Alternatively, you might just want to read the following thread (this is a clickable link) which is recent and describes a very similar situation to yours:

But again, take follow up questions to that thread, so we can keep this FAQ thread focused on device listings. Thanks.

1 Like

I cant get the Lightify Dimmer Switch to pair with the ST hub at all after numerous attempts. Is there some special way that these are supposed to be added, since “Add a Thing” doesnt work?

Have you considered the AEON Labs Minimote?

It looks like those are on their way out since you can only get them from ebay. However these are looking pretty promissing. https://aeotec.com/small-z-wave-remote-control

This is an FAQ thread for devices which have been confirmed to work with SmartThings. :sunglasses:Please start a new thread under “devices” for pre-release products such as the nanomote. (Aeotec in particular is famous for announcing devices about three years before they actually release them to market.)

Posts in this topic should generally be limited to one per device with a link to the discussion thread about it. Or you can start a post under projects if you have a particular use case you were trying to meet and want to brainstorm device possibilities. Thanks!

1 Like

Hank One Button Scene Controller (UK zwave)

Very nice small one button battery operated device using central scene commands. 50x50 mm. Press or long press.

https://www.vesternet.com/z-wave-hank-scene-controller-1-button

Hank 4 Button Scene Controller (UK zwave)

Also available in a four button style for about £10 more.

1 Like

Would this work in the US?

Unfortunately, No.

All the Device posts are marked “US” and/or “UK.” The Hank devices are currently only available on the UK frequency.

When and if they are released on the US frequency, the posts will be updated to note that.

1 Like

does a remote, either hand held, or wall mounted, exist that has controllable leds too? I would love to find a 4 or more button controller that I can turn individual leds on from webCore.

You can use any of the following X-10 remotes and probably dozens others with my Smartapp and Device handlers - both on/off and dimming functions are supported. You will need to purchase a CM15A or CM19A device and also need a raspberry pi or another computer run the bridging software.

s-l640phw04d_4

SY355

1 Like