FAQ: Full list of buttons and remotes confirmed to work with SmartThings [Not all devices listed work with the 2020 Platform]

Has anyone had any luck with getting the Lutron to work in parallel with the Hue Bridge? I’d like to implement this if it is possible, but it looks like it did what JD said, stole the bulb from Hue Bridge.

Discussion of this device in the following thread:

Please post followups there, I’d like to keep this FAQ just to list the devices. Thanks! :sunglasses:

Just came across this 4-button Sylvania switch:

It seems to be different than the lightify dimmer previously discussed. Is the device handler created for the dimmer working for that unit? Does anybody has any experience with it?

Thanks.

That’s a brand-new device that hasn’t actually been released in the US yet. It’s scheduled to start shipping around the end of December.

https://assets.sylvania.com/assets/Documents/LTFY017R1.9bf24d94-76e7-45cd-b3db-53b0483dd55e.pdf

It’s certified as a ZHA Device, so it should be possible to get it to work with SmartThings, but it will need its own custom device type handler.

If you want to try one, start a new thread under devices/connected things and I’m sure people will be glad to help you create a device type handler for it. :level_slider::bulb:

https://community.smartthings.com/c/devices-integrations/connected-things

I replaced out ceiling fan light with smart switches (dimmer / 3 speed fan) but I really need a remote for the wife she hates using the phone to do it. I got Minimote to control the dimmer at one point (holding the scene and tapping the light button) and just on and off the fan at one point(using the built in smartapp in ST)… but I can’t get it to do both. Seems like if you do one or the other, the other stops working. Has anyone else done this? Would love to set the top left to light / dimmer and the other 3 to speed control (low medium high)… or whatever. Thanks guys.

(UK, US) Nodon Octan Remote. Zwave battery-operated multi-button wallmount or table top button controller. Tap, hold and double tap on 4 buttons. ( also sends the hold release indication, which could be used with core.)

UK frequency version:

US Frequency version:

https://www.thesmartesthouse.com/products/nodon-z-wave-plus-octan-remote-scene-controller-crc-3us-1

Nodon also has a 2" square “soft remote” meant as a handheld with 4 buttons. It comes in about a dozen different colors, including pink and blue.

UK frequency:

US frequency:

Device Type Handler by @Richard_Woodward in the following thread:

1 Like

(UK) Swiid Inter Cord Switch. Zwave. Requires splicing into the cord. Designed for control of table lamps.

http://www.swiid.com/medias/documents/ZCS-User-s-manual-vBAT2-02.12.2014.pdf

Not available in the US. :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Now that is pretty cool. Although it requires splicing a cable, it really gets to the heart of what many situations still need - turn the lamp on at the lamp itself rather than with motion or an app.

1 Like

I have these fitted in 3 applications.
As has been said, they are z-wave and integrate nicely with ST.
So using the switch you can just turn them on and off as required or use rules to do the job for you.
Great little device.

1 Like

Hello all,
I’m slowly getting my smart home up and working. Installed a SmartThings Hub, Replaced a couple switches and outlets with Zwave compatible ones and added a door and motion sensors. My problem is that my family isn’t nearly as excited by the technology as I am. They don’t want to fish their smartphone out of their pockets every time they want to turn a lamp on. I love the Swiid cord switch above, but it’s not available in the US yet. In the meantime I was thinking of making one of my smart switches do double duty; act as a current switch to control the overhead light and as a button for the lamps in the room. Reading this thread it looks like the Leviton VRCS4 would work for my needs…but the price is a bit steep. Are there other solutions that offer a switch to control the current and a button or two I can use for the lamps.

(US and U.K.) Xiaomi Mi Magic Cube. Very small, inexpensive zigbee device that works the same way as the mood cube, but comes pre-built and is very inexpensive. Some community members have it working fine, some say they can’t get it working which may mean a defective product. So far gearbest and bang good are carrying it. Some people report getting a pink one instead of a white one.

http://www.gearbest.com/living-appliances/pp_364494.html

Ask any follow on questions in the following thread, those are the people actually using it:

There is also an advanced DTH which captures more of the information from the cube and allows it to be used in mood cube type applications and can distinguish the slide motion.

Again, ask any follow-on questions in that thread.

1 Like

JD,

In regards to the Nodon Octan Remote – You mentioned UK and US the UK for this product. The UK version works at a different frequency than US Z-wave, which means I am a bit disappointed. I guess the US distribution will come soon. Hopefully nobody in the US tried to order the UK version. I expect they would be even more disappointed once it arrives.

1 Like

Yes, that’s true of all zwave devices. Nodon just announced at CES 2017 that they will soon begin distribution of a US frequency version.

I did check before updating the region, and it has been separately certified on the US frequency, so I do think one is coming:

http://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/1923

But I don’t know which vendors will be carrying it.

(US and U.K.) Aeotec wallmote. Zwave. 4 button wallmount device, multiple touch patterns.

US frequency Version is available from a number of retailers, including Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Aeon-Labs-Aeotec-Z-Wave-Wallmote/dp/B01N0WCLWB/

DTH:

Now available from Vesternet on the UK frequency.

1 Like

(US) Nexia 1000. Zwave. 5 digital tiles. This is a battery powered wall mount controller. @Darwin has a good review as well as a device type handler for it:

Typically costs around $55.

I use this button from lowes. Works great for my bedtime routine and a long press for other switches ie turn on bedroom light

The Iris button came in around post 26… careful with it! Fragile little buggers. Mine ended up in the trash. Never did work great, but trying to change the battery was the death of it.

1 Like

I ended up throwing one a way too b/c it fell off a table and the battery “drawer” wouldn’t stay in after that. I assume some plastic piece broke off. Thankfully they are only $10 at a couple of the Lowes by me.

Ya it was cheap and worked. We’ll see about the longevity. I keep it on a wall and never move it much. I like the size though. Looking for a central button style remote for guest to push for easy functions so they don’t need a tablet or phone interface.

I hear ya. I do wish mine lasted longer, because the form factor of the button is perfect for so many needs!