You can setup these inexpensive smart plugs with Smartthings. They integrate with IFTTT.
- Create a Virtual Switch: In SmartThings app, head over to Automations > SmartApps > Scroll till the very bottom Add a SmartApp > Scroll till the very bottom + More > Scroll till the very bottom Virtual Device Creator .
- Select Virtual Switch ( and not Virtual Switch ) > Select the hub (recommended for local execution) > Give it a Name , e.g. “etekcity switch” > Save
- Enable this Switch for IFTTT (through SmartThings smart apps)
- Now head over to Routines in SmartThings app and enable this virtual switch to be turned ON/OFF based on how you like your routines.
- Head over to IFTTT and create a new applet with THIS as SmartThings trigger - choose the virtual Switch that you created, & THEN as Etekcity Turn ON notifications
- Create another IFTTT Applet for Turning Etekcity switch OFF, when switch is OFF