Enerwave scene controller 7 button

Yes, and they’re the wrong buttons. I need buttons I can mount on the wall, both in place of existing switches and where no switch currently exists. But I don’t want them to control just lights, I want to be able to any action or set of actions with them, set modes, etc. Preferably, of course, modern and stylish to meet the demands of my better half - a cross-between the Vizia or Aspire lines and Legrand.

3 Likes

I also think that a remote can get lost (or misplaced by a child, not put back on the charger and left for dead, etc). A wall mount scene controller allows anyone - including guests - to easily use the system. A few buttons on a scene controller are a much simpler, straightforward interface…even over all the tablets and other devices people are mounting.

I can see us putting one in our kitchen area (where everyone always congregates in our house) with some buttons for Party (sets the lights, plays music), etc.

3 Likes

I’m pretty new to both Smart Things and Z-wave control, but after reading the document @mattjfrank posted in the other thread; it sounds like you would need to mimic a z-wave master controller maybe with a virtual device in order to assign “scenes” to the Enerwave. Then the virtual master controller would determine what each “scene” actually triggers within ST. I’ll look for a z-wave master controller to see if I can better understand how scene assignment works.

1 Like

I wonder if @bdahlem’s device type for Leviton scene controller might be made to work with this, as discussed in this thread.

The “master controller” would be ST. We just need a device type to see the button pushes, then the rest is easy, using Button Controller or derivatives of it.

1 Like

Yup I’ve thought the same thing. I tried to start with his device type and that didn’t work. I do know there are lots of similarities in the devices and how they work (controlling scenes by button presses)

I’ve done minimal tinkering and have been pretty busy with some work projects as of late.

1 Like

I think the reason I can’t get it to work is when I hit configure in the ST app I see this in the log.

12:30:05 AM: debug Sending configuration: [7204, delay 100, 8505, delay 100, 85040101, 85010100, 85010201, 85010301, 85010401, 85010501, 85010601, 85010701]

When the device is connected to power, I also see this

12:30:06 AM: debug Parsing 'zw device: 3F, command: 7205, payload: 01 1A 08 01 0B 03 '

When the device isn’t connected to power I don’t get the second line in the log.

I should also mention one time tonight I got “debug 7 buttons stored” which is what I think it should do but the button tiles never showed up and button presses did anything in the log.

Ok here is the latest log report

12:50:33 AM: debug 7 buttons stored
12:50:33 AM: debug Parsing 'zw device: 41, command: 8506, payload: 07 '
12:50:33 AM: debug Parsing 'zw device: 41, command: 7205, payload: 01 1A 08 01 0B 03 '
12:50:33 AM: debug Sending configuration: [7204, delay 100, 8505, delay 100, 85040101, 85010100, 85010201, 85010301, 85010401, 85010501, 85010601, 85010701]

From that other thread, try adding this to the device type initialization:

zwave.sceneControllerConfV1.sceneControllerConfSet(groupId:1, sceneId:1).format(),
zwave.sceneControllerConfV1.sceneControllerConfSet(groupId:2, sceneId:2).format(),
zwave.sceneControllerConfV1.sceneControllerConfSet(groupId:3, sceneId:3).format(),
zwave.sceneControllerConfV1.sceneControllerConfSet(groupId:4, sceneId:4).format(),
zwave.sceneControllerConfV1.sceneControllerConfSet(groupId:5, sceneId:5).format(),
zwave.sceneControllerConfV1.sceneControllerConfSet(groupId:6, sceneId:6).format(),
zwave.sceneControllerConfV1.sceneControllerConfSet(groupId:7, sceneId:7).format()

This was from @dmazzoni

1 Like

I saw that too, I’m just not sure where it goes. I don’t know what / where device type initialization is.

Holly Cow.

I just started putting it in there and now I’m getting somewhere.

def configurationCmds() {
// Always check the manufacturer and the number of groupings allowed
def commands = [
	zwave.manufacturerSpecificV1.manufacturerSpecificGet().format(),
	zwave.associationV1.associationGroupingsGet().format(),
    zwave.sceneControllerConfV1.sceneControllerConfSet(groupId:1, sceneId:1).format(),
	zwave.sceneControllerConfV1.sceneControllerConfSet(groupId:2, sceneId:2).format(),
	zwave.sceneControllerConfV1.sceneControllerConfSet(groupId:3, sceneId:3).format(),
	zwave.sceneControllerConfV1.sceneControllerConfSet(groupId:4, sceneId:4).format(),
	zwave.sceneControllerConfV1.sceneControllerConfSet(groupId:5, sceneId:5).format(),
	zwave.sceneControllerConfV1.sceneControllerConfSet(groupId:6, sceneId:6).format(),
	zwave.sceneControllerConfV1.sceneControllerConfSet(groupId:7, sceneId:7).format()

I’ll post more in a bit

Awesome. Really shows the power of community! Thanks to you @mattjfrank, @bdahlem and @dmazzoni. This will be great if you can get it to work.

1 Like

Great news! If you get this to work I’m buying one, no two, no three…

1 Like

Oh it works, I’m modifying the code and smartapp and will post my initial today.

1 Like

Way to free up a weekend of mine six weeks from now. :smile:

Now I’ll have to bump up some other project.

1 Like

I will be posting code, info, problems etc in the thread I created earlier this year. I still got a couple things to work out and I’ll post the initial code.

1 Like

I’ve made my initial post with device type and smartapp code.

1 Like

If the LCD text labels are done separately, can i assign a scene to each of the 5 buttons on an Evolve LCD-1 controller? This again is not a load controlling device but simply a wireless Z-Wave scene controller.

Does that model work with this device type?

it’s a different scene controller entirely.

What’s the latest on the ZWN-SC7, fully functionally??? Looking for some buttons for a wall, what’s the best ST integrated one to date… Tried the GE 45631, not much luck on ST integration, only good for standard z-wave light/group/scene functions, will not capture the button presses to have ST do some functionality.