Is there an update for ZWN-SC7 Enerwave 7 Button Scene Controller

Is there an update to mattjfrank : ZWN-SC7 Enerwave 7 Button Scene Controller. I can’t seem to get it to work since the migration to the new app. I’ve tried to uninstall and reinstall the device driver, smartapp, and the device itself. But the buttons are not controlling anything. Any suggestions?

The way buttons work changed significantly on the new platform, and this caused a lot of DTHs for multi button devices to stop working.

In the classic app, you specified how many different buttons there were, and then sent messages for each of them.

In the new V3 app, it treats the device as a single button but then there are multiple codes which you can assign for the other button actions.

What device type handler are you using now? It’s going to have to be updated.

@mwav3 has done updates for several devices of this type and may have more advice. :sunglasses:

I’m assuming it’s this one https://github.com/mattjfrank/ZWN-SC7-Enerwave-7-Button-Scene-Controller

This device and handler would be tricky to get working. It needs a smartapp and handler to work together. Also, unlike the remotec and go control I updated that use central scene control, this uses older associations (7 separate ones) to get it work with Smartthings.

It hopefully can be as simple as sending the “pushed” supported button value as a JSON object, but if that doesnt work, it will be really hard for me to get this working in the new app without having the actual device in hand. This seems like an old device and I can’t even find its specifications in the zwave alliance website. I’ll try and see what I can do though.

1 Like

Yea I’m using the device handler and smart app from mattjfrank, the one that mwav3 linked. Is there something I can tweak to make it work?

1 Like

As @mwav3 indicated, it’s going to take more than just tweaking. Probably a full rewrite. The device itself has been discontinued and the handler and smartapp used options which are not available on the new platform. And I don’t think The original author is still on the smartthings platform, either. And the manufacturer has become very hard to reach over the last two years, even their support website is usually off-line. So it will be a challenge.

The first thing to ask is what exactly are you using the buttons for? Some things will be easier to re-create than others.

I know enough codding for tweaking but I don’t remember enough for a full re-write so I appreciate any and all help.

I want to use some buttons for individual switches/or outlets. A button or two for multiple switches/outlets. And then a button or two for scenes.

If this is to difficult then do you know of a scene controller like this one that fits into a wall switch I can use for replacement?

We need to know the specific brand and model of the target devices. I know that sounds picky, but it is going to make a difference in this case.

haha ok ill have to do some investigating since I have a Frankenstein of a house with all the devices I have. some don’t even have a manufacture written on it. If I’m looking at the devices in the IDE developer site, what info on there can I provide that would help?

There are two currently available ones, but both are very expensive. The smartest house has been teasing that they have something coming, and I would expect that to cost less, but it’s not here yet.

See the existing thread on exactly this situation. (The topic title is a clickable link)

The simplest thing is just if they’re zwave devices. If they are Z wave devices, we may be able to get it set up so that your enerwave buttons can control those devices for on and off, but the hub might not know that the status changed. But again, it all comes down to the model number.

If any of the target devices are Wi-Fi or Zigbee, though, then we need a DTH.

I believe everything I want to control is Zwave. Ill try to put together a list. Thank you for your help.

1 Like

@Russell It’s a longshot but you can try this code update. Use the same original smartapp you were using to go with it. It’s also possible the device will work with smartlighting or webcore with this update.

1 Like

Hi guys - My ZWN-SC7 stopped working a few days ago, after 5 years. I factor reset it but I can’t get ST to add it back in. I installed ths updated DTH and then I manually put the ZWN-SC7 into pair mode (which only seems to last about 5 seconds) and while it’s slow blinking I tell SmarThings to Scan Nearby, but it never finds it. Any ideas please? Thank you!