Electric Baseboard thermostat control via ST

Hi Warren

You can find the drivers for all our products on this page on our website.
https://www.sinopetech.com/en/blog/support-cat/api-interface/
Hope it helps you.

I knw but why not put hem on GitHub? So much easier and you don’t have to deal with people using unofficial, old, or other versions. Does that not make good sense?

Thanks for the suggestion. We will suggest it to our development team.

Hi @CharlieSinope, @Sinope_Technologies

I bought the Sinope thermostat as week to control my Fan Forced heater in one of my bedrooms and used the latest Device Handler (SVN-435). Everything works great on the Smartthings app. However, the Google Home connection is broken. I am able to increase or decrease temperature by saying “Hey Google, set temperature to 70” etc.

The problem is that I am not able to turn on or off the thermostat! When I say “Hey Google, turn on thermostat/ heater”, the response I get is “that mode isn’t available”.
When I say “Hey Google set thermostat to heat”, Google Home responds saying “Setting the thermostat to Heat” but the thermostat isn’t turned ON somehow. Same thing when I ask Google to turn off the thermostat. Is there something I am missing here?

Since we’re basically in February, just wondering if there was an updated release date for the TH1300ZB?

Hi Warren,
As of today, the TH1300ZB thermostat for floor heating is available to purchase on our website.

1 Like

Hi Akash,
Sorry for the late response.
This option is not possible with our thermostats with Google Home through Smartthing. You can only change the set point, know the current temperature (room temperature) or know the set point of the thermostat.

Awesome! Will these be available on Amazon like the others?

Right now they are available in limited quantities on our website.
They should be available on Amazon within a month or so.

I couldn’t wait so I ordered direct while it was in stock. Installation (replacement) was a breeze and it paired and was operational within minutes. Other than having to whip out a multimeter to figure out what floor sensor I had installed 12 years ago I had no issues. The TH1300ZB is a great product, well done. Très bien, merci beaucoup!!

Other than my standing request for you guys to please create a GitHub repository for the DTHs, my only feedback is that I found some of the settings to be confusing in the DTHs. They were better explained in the paper manual but there were also some options that I couldn’t quite match up related to various temp min and max temp settings. Improving that for clarity would be a plus for the next rev of the DTHs.

I’m also curious why the floor limit (in Ambient mode) is limited to 36 C / 97 F? I ended up going with “off” since I was hoping for a bit higher (100 F, just above body temp).

One other question I had about the TH1300ZB and the TH1123ZB is the option for the Backlight setting which has options of “Sensing” and “On Demand”. I didn’t notice an obvious difference with either option and it isn’t mentioned anywhere in the manuals so I’m curious what exactly the options are supposed to do and why I would choose one or the other.

1 Like

Hi Warren,

The 36C / 97 F, is a limitation that usually comes from the heated floors manufacturers reduce the chances of overheating some types of flooring.

Here is the difference between the different Backlight settings:

Sensing/ Always On: The display backlight is always on and its intensity adjusts to the ambient light.

On Demand: The backlight comes on when you press on the buttons on the thermostat and turn off after 12sec.

Hi

I am very happy of all my Sinopé zigbee thermostats. If I may suggest, it would be really nice if the ambient light sensor output was available from the device handler as a custom attribute. We could then setup automation output such as dimming the room light based on the ambient light intensity…

I already used heatingdemand attribute as a heating power sensor, and it works great. This is the type of feature that give your product a big bonus over the competition.

Thank you

Hi @CharlieSinope,

I just received and installed my first TH1300ZB with the DTH posted on the Sinope website and I’m loving it!

I second @LLwarrenP’s request to host the DTHs on GitHub. In fact, Sinope already has a GitHub repository for SmartThings at https://github.com/sinopetechnologies/smartThings. I’ve made various minor improvements to my copy of DTH code. If the code was on GitHub, we could collaborate and Sinope could continue to claim leading SmartThings integration through constant improvement of features.

Edit - I found an answer to this:

BTW, my outdoor temperature is incorrect due to this error:

refresh_misc>begin, scale=C, settings.zipcode=98264, weather=[response:[error:[description:this key is not valid due to exceeding rate plan, type:invalidkey], features:[:], termsofService:http://www.wunderground.com/weather/api/d/terms.html, version:0.1]]

Is the DTH pulling the weather from a ST function?

Answer: The Weather Underground call is deprecated. I updated the DTH to include the new The Weather Company call.

FYI, looks like Sinope release a new version of their thermostat DTHs

@CharlieSinope, could you summarize the changes?

Hi Warren,

Here are the changes that we did.

SmartThings and Weather Underground redid their connection key, which pushed us to update our driver.

1. The way to acquire the temperature has been changed to work again.

2. The outside temperature is now activated via an on / off button in the thermostat settings.

1. The location of the thermostat now uses the geographical location selected in the parameters of the hub (the Googlemap map).

Hi @CharlieSinope,

Thanks for describing the changes.

1. May I suggest that your software team include a Change Log in the header of your DTHs?

2. Any thoughts on the request that some of us have made about hosting your DTHs on GitHub?

Thanks Charlie. So now, if you don’t enable the outside temp the thermostats will just show the setpoint always?

One thing I noticed is that something is a bit off with the TH1300ZB updated driver in that you get a “?” in the device status:

In looking in the code, I see the same funny “?” character and so I looked on the Sinope web page and it is there also (at least in MS Edge) so I think it is some odd codepoint issue due to cut and paste to the hosted webpage. The Sinopé “é” is also the same way on the webpage in the code. The baseboard DTHs do not have this oddly enough.

I’m assuming the funny “?” is extraneous and not designed to show the unit (C or F).

Another thing besides the minor cut and paste codepoint issues is that I don’t think the outside temp feature is working. After updating to the SVN-493 DTH it now shows the outside temp at 91 F. I only wish as it’s currently 37 F, hah!

The ambient and setpoint are displayed correctly so I think it must be something not working with the new code interpreting the WU data. In the logs, I see the correct weather so something is off:

Help!

Ok looks like the new SVN-493 DTHs could have used a bit better QA as the bug looks to be simply a scale conversion issue. The WU data comes back localized already (so if you’re in the US, you get F, Canada/elsewhere C) but since the Sinope thermostats are scaled on C, you have to convert the WU data to C before sending it. My guess is that the old system was reporting data differently but I’m not sure.

Here’s s suggested quick fix:

The if() statement makes the number on the display correct. I also noticed that the scale variable was undefined but not sure if that was causing any issue or not.

US: 1, Canada 0!

+1 on Github request.

ps. I’m a huge fan of my TH1300ZB and looking forward to the remaining DTH kinks being worked out.

1 Like