Electric Baseboard thermostat control via ST

Hi Rick,

I don’t understand how you could still see the notifications in your feed.
Older logs remain, but you should not see new entries.

The Operating State messages are still sent between the device and the hub.
However, with the option set to “No”, the operating state value is not displayed.

That means that the device handler does not discriminate between a refresh or report.
This specific message is filtered out.

There is no way the device handler can be 100% sure if the incoming message is from a refresh command or an on-change report.
Therefore I do not foresee any other change regarding this feature.

At least your activity feed won’t be filled with Operating State reports.

Is it possible you hit the back button instead of the Done button?

Hi J-F,

I understand regarding the manual refresh. As of notifications, everything seems to be good now. Didn’t get any status for 2-3 days. I’m really happy with the product as well as the support you provided!

Thanks

1 Like

Hello Everyone,

Sinopé is happy to announce that it has released a SmartThings Public Github (open source). Visit http://www.sinopetech.com/en/support/#api to download the driver.

Thanks and have a great day!

Sinope

I followed your installation instructions and I have no response i.e no temp reading or showing current temperature on the app.

questions:

1. what is the Gateway Name? is this the 15# Gateway ID? or is it the actual name that I chose for my nevi web network name?

2. do you need to repeat the entire process when you have to add other thermostats?

Thanks

Same issue here.

Hi @Robrage and @tombpeterson,

1. The “Gateway Name” is the name you chose for your network in neviweb®(see the name on top of the circle with your network’s icon).

2. Yes, you need to repeat the process for each thermostat.

If you need more information, do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you and have a good day,

Vanessa Pepin
Customer service/Technical support
vanessa.pepin@sinopetech.com

Vanessa,

I followed the instruction and still have no response or data showing on the app.

Have you had some else successfully complete the code/program.

Regards,

Roberto

Hi @Robrage,

When I received your reply, I tested it myself and it worked.

Are you using the exact same text to add your network/thermostat as the one in your neviweb® account? You need to respect capital and lower case characters. Also, you need to enter the same email/password as you use to enter your neviweb® account to be able to successfully add your thermostat to SmartThings.

If you need further assistance, you can call me at 450-741-7700 tomorrow between 8:00AM and 4:30PM EST.

Thank you and have a good day,

Vanessa Pepin

Hi @tombpeterson,

We made a correction in the code of the driver, you should now be able to access and control your thermostats through your SmartThings application, but first, you need to change the code for the new one, which has been updated on the “how to” page.

If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you and have a great day,

Vanessa Pepin

Hey @Mdbashi great job on the device handler. Yours was the only one I’ve been able to get to work. The D/H from Sinope would not pull data from my thermostat network. I went over your code and made and corrected a few things if you don’t mind. I changed the mode switching section from “Home” and “Away” to “Auto” and “Standby”. I believe you were trying to change the network modes (Home and Away), but the codes that was being passed to thermostatID would only change the thermostat mode. I looked over the Sinope D/H and couldn’t find a way to change the network mode.

Also passed the ctoF definition to poll() to when “data.status.setpoint== null”. Standby mode makes “data.status.setpoint== null” so it was returning a 0 degree setpoint and temperature reading in Celsius.

Only thing I could not figure out is why I could not change the mode to “Manual”. I’ve made a pull request on your Github so everyone can go and check it out. Modified Sinope D/H Thanks again for all your work.

Hi @snoopyjoe, I appreciate your help. try this for manual:

standardTile(“presence”, “device.presence”, inactiveLabel: false, width: 2, height: 2, decoration: “flat”)
{
state (“Auto”, label:’’, action:“off”, icon: “st.thermostat.auto”)
state (“Standby”, label:’’, action:“manual”, icon: “st.thermostat.heating-cooling-off”)
state (“Manual”, label:’’, action:“auto”, icon: “st.thermostat.heat”)
}
to change the gateway mode you can POST to https://neviweb.com/api/gateway/{gateway id}/mode

in body use mode =0 for auto or mode =2 for away

don’t forget to pass the session id in the headers

let me know if you need more help

Hi to all,

Just used the newly API and works great !

I use Grovestream to datalog my room temperatures and setpoints changes. I was wondering what code I should add to force a refresh on the Sinope thermostats events.

Seems like I only get about 1 hour of data after opening the app on my phone.

Thanks !

Finally got to setup my Sinope Thermostats in a new basement remodel and was able to map them successfully to my Smarthings hub using the company supplied API. Great implementation. Thx!

1 Like

Does anyone know if there is a easy way to switch over all of my routines from heat to cool? I have the Sinope Thermostats for heat and Window units for the A/C plugged into GE smart outlets.

Under routine, you can add another routine. When this routine runs. Turn down heat to xx degree and turn cool GE switch on.

Thanks for responding. I have multiple routines such as good night, good morning, working out, etc that i was hoping to just be able to swith over for the season and maintain my winter settings

Is there any way to turn the Stelpro thermostat to an “Off” mode? I purchased two of these and installed in a cabin where we want to be able to turn the heat completely off in the winter when no one is around, but be able to set it to heat in advance of someone arriving so the place is warmed up when they get there. It seems the lowest thermostat setting is 5C, which would be a waste of energy for this application.

Thanks!

@CNS2GO, the current STZW402+ does not support the “Off mode”.
However, there is a plan to update it in order to support both “Off mode” and “Fan-forced heaters”

Hey @Mdbashi I am still using your Sinope Device Handler! The only problem I am still dealing with is there is a super long delay getting the current room temperature to be recognized in the SmartThngs app. I can see the current temperature in the nevi web page immediately. I am trying to use the SmartThings app “Virtual Thermostat” on my Window A/C units with the Sinope Thermostats.