Electric Baseboard thermostat control via ST

I would actually prefer the Zigbee version since its programmable offline, but not sure where to find them in Quebec, Canada.

The Stelpro KI ZigBee thermostat (STZB402) will be officially launched very shortly.
At first, it will be available to our electric distributors then it will be sold online on Amazon.ca by Stelpro.

Regarding the other listing, it appears that a small quantity of the ZigBee thermostat was sold previously, but mass production is not yet started.

Do the Stelpro thermostats work with electric radiant heat?

Hi @dama,

Since a radiant heater does not heat the air, but the objects/person in the room; and the Stelpro thermostats measure the air temperature, there will be a lack of performance in the temperature control.

That being said, the Stelpro thermostat should work with electric radiant heater.
Make sure that you do not exceed the limit of 4000W.

However, do not expect the same control and precision as with baseboard heaters.

Merci bcq pour l’info!

Hi, Everyone!

My team and I have been working on a Smart Learning Thermostat specifically for electric baseboard heaters and will work with SmartThings. You can learn more about it at www.getmysa.com.

Mysa uses machine learning code to optimise itself for comfort or energy efficiency, or you can remotely control it through another home automation tool. We’re still in development and maybe you need something today - but we’re launching our product this fall and are taking pre-orders now.

Thanks for listening and even if you don’t pre-order I would love some feedback!

Hello everybody!.
I got today sinope thermostat and 125 web interface. Installed it but it shows incorrect
temperature of the room, and energy consumption even more then with old thermostat.
Don’t see any energy saving. Tomorrow gonna return the product. Gonna try something else.
If somebody have any idea what is the best in the market today for electric baseboard?

How exactly do you figure the energy consumption is “even more” than the old thermostat?

Hi J-F,

I guess there’s still no news for :

add eco() and comfort() as commands and get ST to update your DH?
DH for the new Zigbee model?

I tested the new Zigbee model with the DH you posted and it works great… ST just need to integrate it so it’s detected automatically.

As for the eco() and comfort() commands, does the DH on the Stelpro github account has those modifications? I could take the code and install that Custom DH and replace the DH for all my thermostats so I can use right away those commands?

thanks,

Hi Rick,

The eco() and comfort() commands that you requested are not included in the Device Handlers that were posted on github.

Feel free to add them yourself if you wish to.

Allright… But did you update the code with those commands for approval and integration with ST?

No the submitted code for ST is the one currently in github

I spent about a half a day going through all of the posts here and i tell you what, this is a smart group of peeps putting their heads together here. So for that i thank you!

I got here because i am trying to find a smart thermostat for my electric floor heating (with floor sensor). There are a couple of wifi versions out there (nuheat and warmly-yours) but they dont fit my requirements. Based on what i read here i think it is possible to find the right device. Here is what i am looking for:
-ST compatible(or able to com with ST via API or zwave/zigbe/etc)
-110v operable (my system uses 815w @ 7A)
-should take a 2 wire floor sensor

What do you guys think i could piece together to achieve above requirements ?

I echo @AlexT’s post 100%. I have the exact same use case (Nuheat floor heating with a two-wire floor sensor), and I am looking for a thermostat that can be interfaced with SmartThings. I would have thought that there would be many others out there with similar requirements, and that by now (i.e. 2017) there would be at least one (if not several) options already out there on the market. But after spending half a day reading through various threads like @AlexT, there appears to be only two categories of thermostats out there for consumers in the U.S., and neither seems to fit the bill:

1. Thermostats that are compatible with SmartThings but that do not support floor sensors (e.g. Sinopé, Stelpro Ki, Mysa, etc.)
  2. Thermostats that are not compatible with SmartThings but that do support floor sensors (e.g. Nuheat, Warmly-Yours, etc.)

Is there really no such thing as a SmartThings compatible floor-heating thermostat that supports a floor sensor?

Sinope makes a floor heating version of their thermostat…

http://www.sinopetech.com/en/product-category/products/heating-en/floor-heating-thermostat/

1 Like

I do have the sinope in floor thermostat and it’s working great with ST. Not direct integration but through the sinope gateway with a community DTH.

1 Like

@gwydionjhr & @Navat604: Thank you so much for setting me straight! Because of the way the Sinopé homepage is laid out, I had mistakenly landed on their traditional line voltage thermostats, and so I quickly dismissed the company when I saw that the TH1120RF did not support floor sensors—I had completely missed the TH1300RF.

Placing an order now—can’t wait to try it out!

Thanks again!

Just to be clear. You will need the Sinopé gateway for Internet access and ST integration.

Heh… thank you, @Navat604. I did manage to piece that together, but I appreciate the clarification nonetheless :slight_smile: