Edge for Fibaro FGBS 321 universal sensor

Hello all, because I’m going to migrate my devices from Zipato controller to Aeotec smart home hub, I’m looking for Edge driver to manage my “Fibaro FGBS 321 universal sensor” now substituted by the newest “Fibaro FGBS-222 Smart Implant”. I already did a search, but without success. Thanks for any help

2 Likes

I couldn’t find this device on the Z-Wave certified devices catalog page: Catalog of Certified Z-Wave Products.
Also, it doesn’t seem to be a Certified device as Works With SmartThings.
Do you know the device’s fingerprint? Here are the devices fingerprints included in the official Z-Wave sensor driver: https://github.com/SmartThingsCommunity/SmartThingsEdgeDrivers/blob/main/drivers/SmartThings/zwave-sensor/fingerprints.yml

If they are not there, you can do the following:

1. Check among the Community shared drivers if there’s one that supports your device. If not, you could kindly ask any of those devs if they could add your device to their driver:
    You can find them in this section of the Community: Devices & Integrations - SmartThings Community
  2. Download the official Z-Wave sensor driver and edit it correctly to support your device, and upload it manually to your Hub

Thanks for your support; let me say that the name is misleading, because it is not a real sensor. I just found out that my “Fibaro FGBS 321 universal sensor” has been substituted by the newest “Fibaro FGBS-222 Smart Implant”. It, as the my, allows to enhance the functionality of wired sensors and other devices by adding Z-Wave network communication. It seems to be available for this one a beta edge driver… beta means may be it works…may be doesn’t work :frowning:

It’s a European product. Here’s the manual. It’s the first generation of the current FGBS-001. The original model number was FGBS – 321.

It is also called the “universal sensor.“

This is a very complex multi endpoint device, and if I recall correctly, it never did have an official DTH. It’s not on the list of officially compatible Fibaro devices, for example:

There is a community-created edge driver for the smart implant model, but it only supports a single contact sensor input and doesn’t support any of the outputs yet. So it’s very limited functionality.

[ST Edge] Driver for FIBARO Smart Implant (beta)

@nayelyz

Great JDRoberts, thanks for your info. In my actual Zipato system (arranged more than 10 years ago) I use only a single contact input of my FGBS – 321 universal sensor, so may be the edge driver for the smart implant model could be the right for me. I’ll try.

1 Like