Edge Driver Xfinity Contact Sensor

Been looking for an edge driver for the Xfinity zigbee contact sensors. They are working right now in ST with the Tyco Door/Window sensors groovy DTH. Tried the zigbee contact driver that was released, but all that showed up was “connected”. Anyone find anything that works for these yet? I have 26 in my system. I really don’t want to have to replace all those.

1 Like

Hi @Ogbulldog2012
I added your device to this version of this driver.

┌─────────────┬──────────────────────────────────────┐
│ Name        │ Zigbee Contact Mc                    │
│ Version     │ 2022-06-08T19:10:21.365969244        │
└─────────────┴──────────────────────────────────────┘

I have copied the manufacturer and model and I hope I have not made a mistake.

- id: "Universal Electronics/URC4460BC0-X-R"
    deviceLabel: Open/Closed Sensor
    manufacturer: Universal Electronics Inc
    model: URC4460BC0-X-R
    deviceProfileName: contact-profile

I have set the battery minimum and maximum to 2.1v and 3.0v, just like the DTH, it should indicate the same with the driver.

Remember that you have to install the driver Zigbee Contact Mc in your HUB from channel and remove each device with the app and re-pair it by searching nearby.

Tell me if it works well

Channel link
https://api.smartthings.com/invitation-web/accept?id=6b68563b-1905-4654-8d2b-e677a2997424

1 Like

I will try it out tonight. Thank you for the quick response.

I deleted the sensors and republished two. They both seem to be working correctly. When I click the three dots, it shows the driver information. For some reason, on my account.samsung page, it still shows them as cloud execution instead of local. But they seem to be much more responsive and working correctly. Thank you again for the quick add.

1 Like

This is expected since the old Groovy platform doesn’t know how to handle Edge drivers.

2 Likes

As these xfinity sensors start to fail, I am replacing them with the third reality contact sensors. I have one that installed before I installed the Beta Zigbee contact driver, and one after installing the driver. The one that is running on the regular IDE shows 100% battery life. The one that is on the beta driver shows 0% battery life even with new batts. Is this a driver error or user error. (me)

So i also have some old xfinity sensors that i was using Tyco drivers but it seem that it is a different manufacturer.
Data
application: 16
endpointId: 01
firmwareFullVersion: 16005420
firmwareImageType: 4134
firmwareManufacturerCode: 4401
manufacturer: Sercomm Corp.
model: XHS2-SE
zigbeeNodeType: SLEEPY_END_DEVICE

Raw Description 01 0104 0402 00 07 0000 0001 0003 0020 0402 0500 0B05 02 0003 0019

1 Like

Has anyone seen problems getting the battery status from the contact sensor? I get open/close and temp but nothing on battery. Each time I get “could lnt get device status” message and a ! In the battery section

I tried the contact mc driver and the test driver with same results.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

It can take several hours for battery information to show up.

Paul,

Thanks for the response. It’s been over 12 hours so far and I still get this for both devices. Am I missing a step to set these things up?

I picked these up from amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N3CVD4L/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks all

Hi @loafy28

Is this device?

manufacturer: Sercomm Corp.
model: XHS2-SE

Mariano

The documentation says it’s a XHS2-UE. Not sure on the manufacturer.

Is this detail available via the mobile ST app or via the web? I don’t see details of edge devices using http://ide.smartthings.com/

Thank you

Please install driver zigbee Thing Mc and perform a driver change to see the device fingerprints

Here is the detail of the device – very much appreciate the help!

This device when added in June seems to have good battery reporting.

It may have been configured incorrectly when it was installed.

You can try to reinstall it or when you switch back to the Contac Mc zigbee driver it may reconfigure.

I have made a change in the driver so that the BatteryVoltage attribute is read on installation.
This version will be updated automatically in 12 hours maximum

───────────────────────────────────────────────────
 Name         Zigbee Contact Mc
 Version      2022-12-15T20:16:22.055006063        

Many thanks Mariano!

I will let you know what I find out.

Mariano

Both devices are working perfectly now once I switched back over to the Contac Mc driver

Thanks much for all the help!

1 Like

Mariano,

I have a Different Xfinity Contact Sensor, can you add it to your driver?

Thanks

Added to this driver version
Battery handler is the same, battery Voltage attribute if not works fine tell me

Name         Zigbee Contact Mc
 Version      2022-12-23T20:32:24.73423346
- id: "Leedarson/LDHD2AZW"
    deviceLabel: LDHD2AZW Open/Closed Sensor
    manufacturer: Leedarson
    model: LDHD2AZW
    deviceProfileName: contact-profile

It works!

Thank You! I sent you a donation for your awesome work.

1 Like