(EDGE Driver-Mc): Zigbee Temp Sensor and Child Thermostat Mc, Zigbee Temp Sensor with Thermostat Mc

Actually, I think it was a problem on ST’s side. A lot of people are reporting errors tonight with edge drivers and internal server errors. I did get an internal server error last night at some point.
The sensors came back online after being offline for 2-3 hours last night and have been working well since.

1 Like

New version 4.5 of Zigbee Temp Sensor with Thermostat Mc controller

As I have seen that several users are looking for how to control a thermostat with the values of various sensors, this version driver includes:

• Added functions for the thermostat to be controlled with temperatures from various sensors that are paired to the same driver:
  • Added preference to select This Thermostat Controls Muti Sensor: value true or false (default False)
    • IMPORTANT: It should only be activated on the thermostat that will control the temperature.
    • If more than one device per group is marked as true, the calculations are stopped and the user is informed to solve it.

• Added preference to assign the device to a group of sensors that will control the thermostat. Values from 0 to 10. (default = 0 No group assigned)

• If Group Assigned value = 0 then capability device Info will show: “Device not assigned to any Group

• Added preference to select the types of calculation that will be done with the temperatures of the group of sensors:
    • Average: the calculation of the average temperature of all the sensors of the group is performed
    • Maximum: The maximum temperature of the group sensors is used
    • Minimum: The minimum temperature of the group sensors is used
    • The temperature result of the calculation will be used to control only this thermostat of Group and will be presented in the Info Panel capability with the next expected state change.

• Added a custom capability Device Info: where the information of the Group will be displayed, of the calculated temperature of the group and type of calculation followed by the temperatures of all the devices included in the group. The device that acts as controller thermostat is marked with * Device Controller: Name of the device.
  • The information of this capability is updated when any sensor in the group sends a new temperature value.
  • I have tested it with three Samjin motion sensors (aeotec)

DeviceTemperature capability shows the own sensor temperature

The operation as a group is totally optional and it is enough to not select or in the preference of the assigned group and the use of the thermostat as a group and each device will work independently.

If you don’t need to control the Thermostat with sensor groups, then you just have to keep the preference group assignment to value = 0, which is by default

In fact, we can have a thermostat working as a group and the other devices in the group working as independent thermostats or simple temperature sensors.

• Added preference option to select Single or Multiple Tile @Sylvain

In order not to increase the number of profiles excessively, I have removed the adjustment option from the set point temperature steps. I have left only the adjustment of steps of 0.5º.
If you want to change less than 0.5º you can manually enter the value with the keyboard

Please notify me of any errors you find and I will try to correct them.

I will try to implement it in the other Zwave and Zigbee drivers with child thermostat

Driver version will be updated automatically

────────────────────────────────────────────────────
 Name         Zigbee Temp Sensor with Thermostat Mc 
 Version      2023-01-27T17:22:15.564550164

@Fernando_Garcia
Users who were using the Beta version Zigbee Temp Sensor with Thermostat GROUPS must make a change to this new version of the driver, they will not lose any settings or routines and scenes

6 Likes

Hi @Mariano_Colmenarejo, Again thanks for this. I have been testing and the functionality is excellent. Would it be possible to remove “State” as I am still receiving the “The device hasn’t updated all of its status yet. Check again later.” as the State is not available.

Hi @Bluesstatsman

If the device works well, do not pay much attention to this message from the app.
It can appear when the app’s waiting time is exceeded due to network delays, which should have been reduced to speed it up.

Hey!

Can you add this one?

Hi @ex-Zottel

Sorry, this device use cluster EF00 and not works with standard clusters.

There is a specific thread

I’ve been using the smartthings buttons as well for the temperature sensor for a thermostat. The button are stuck to the wall and presses are used to set different base modes and temperatures. e.g. Press = 16deg Off, double press = 16deg heat and hold =21deg heat. I’m using it with aeotec switches to turn on and of far infrared panels.
The groovy virtual thermostats have stopped working so would really appreciate having the an edge driver I could use, thanks

Hi @Ross_Benton

With which temperature sensor do you want to use a Virtual Thermostat?

@Mariano_Colmenarejo

The aeotec/samsung zigbee button

I will try to add it to the driver.
Another user asked for it and I had forgotten

When it’s done I’ll let you know and try it

1 Like

Try if ST Button works with this driver version
If works fine I will merge with Mc driver

────────────────────────────────────────────────────────    
 Name         Zigbee Temp Sensor with Thermostat BUTTON 
 Version      2023-02-04T18:25:25.078477674
────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
- id: "samjin/Button"
    deviceLabel: SmartThings Button
    manufacturer: Samjin
    model: button
    deviceProfileName: button-temp-therm-battery-05

@Mariano_Colmenarejo Yes it seems to be working. It reads the temperature, set it to heat and change the setpoint to above current temperature and it changes to heating. and all the buttons do what they’re meant to as well. Cheers

1 Like

@Ross_Benton @juanmargalef

Added the smartthings Button to be able to use its temperature sensor as a thermostat.

If you have used the BUTTON version you must change to this driver version from the app, you will not lose any routine, scene or setting

Name         Zigbee Temp Sensor with Thermostat Mc 
 Version      2023-02-05T15:20:17.770267568
- id: "samjin/Button"
    deviceLabel: SmartThings Button
    manufacturer: Samjin
    model: button
    deviceProfileName: button-temp-therm-battery-05
1 Like

It works great for what I could see. Buttons work as usual, temperature read is the same as before, and the computations to change the thermostat mode (heating, pending heat, idle…) work as they are expected to. Fantastic job! Thanks!!

2 Likes

I have been using this driver with my samjin/SmartThings button (IM6001-BTP15) in the last 3 days, it works, but doesn’t half the time.
With the default driver, I get temp readings in history every 10 minutes and it never missed one. With this driver, I get whole hours without readings in history. It’s missing about half a day every day. Also, since yesterday, when I go into the driver settings, it’s just a blank page.
I use routines for button actions and they’ve been working well so far

Hi @FauxPalindrome
You may have to uninstall the device and reinstall it directly to this driver.
If the settings are not shown, some preferences may have a different format from the stock driver to this

Hi there, new round here so forgive me if this is posting in the wrong place.

I am trying to add a smart TRV to the SmartThings - The device is branded as Aubess
s-l5001

The data which comes up for the device is shown below. Is this another generic version of a Tuya valve that would need adding to the fingerprints file or is it a completely new Edge Driver needed?

Thanks in advance.

Manufacturer _TZE200_hue3yfsn
Model TS0601
Endpoint 0x01
Device ID 0x0051
Profile ID 0x0104

Server Clusters
Groups 0x0004 0x01
Scenes 0x0005 0x01
TuyaEF00 0xEF00 0x01
Basic 0x0000 0x01

Client Clusters
Time 0x000A 0x01
OTAUpgrade 0x0019 0x01

Datapoints
Enum 2 0
Boolean 8 false
Boolean 10 false
Value 16 210
Value 24 180
Value 27 0
Enum 31 0
Value 32 170
Value 35 100
Boolean 40 false
Bitmap 45 0
String 46 0210101010120210101010
Value 101 0
Value 102 210
Value 104 210
Value 105 170
Boolean 107 false
Raw 108 nil
Raw 109 nil
Raw 110 nil
Raw 111 nil
Raw 112 nil
Raw 113 nil
Raw 114 nil
Enum 115 1

Hi @MattJThompson

This device use cluster EF00 and not works with standard zigbee drivers.
There is a specific thread for devices with cluster EF00

1 Like

Hi @Mariano_Colmenarejo
I’m using Aqara Temp sensor WSDCGQ11LM with your driver Zigbee Temp Sensor and Child Thermostat Mc. Sometimes the sensor is not reporting for hours, and does not report a graduate temperature change. I have configured 5min interval with 0,1° sensitivity.
Any suggestions what might be wrong?
Using this driver from you because of granular reporting settings.
Thank you.

Hi @Botrops

Aqara sensors are very particular and do not always or never accept report interval configuration changes.

There are several threads that talk about these sensors and this problem.

When they could best accept the configuration, if they accept it, it is in the initial pairing

The driver emits what the device sends according to its configuration of reports.

I use sonoff and samjin and it sets up pretty well.
The ones that best accept configuration changes are the Samjin (Smartthings, Aeotec)