[Edge Driver] Elgato Key Light, Key Light Air, Key Light Mini, Ring Light with Discovery

I have been having challenges with discovering the Key Light Air at my home. The device gets discovered fine using Control Center on my iPhone (WiFi) and desktop (LAN) but not when I scan for new devices in Smarthings after installing the edge driver. Have tried for many days with no luck.

I took wireshark captures to see if I can figure out what’s going on. As best as I can tell, the only difference that I see between the Control Center software and the Edge driver on discovery is that when the Control Center app is doing discovery it sends out a QU mDNS request and I see the light responding after a few minutes. Whereas, the samsung hub/edge driver appears to be sending out a QM mDNS request and the light never responds.

My set up is Netgear ORBI RBR50 (and I have played around with different settings, including IGMP forwarding. I see the multicast queries being sent on the LAN where the SmartThings hub is, so the router configuration doesn’t seem to be an issue.

Any suggestions on how to make this work? Anyway that I can configure the IP Address of the light (I can give it a pre-assigned ip address) on the edge driver so that I don’t have to depend on the discovery. Short of this, I will end up writing my own driver and trying to avoid having to do that.

Thanks for writing this edge driver and for your help.

Hi, does this work for the key light mini? I can get my light air to connect but my elgato mini doesn’t seem to be discovered despite multiple resets and all sorts of trouble shooting. It remains connected to the network too.

Amazon.com: Elgato Key Light Mini – Portable LED Panel for Streaming, Video Conferencing, Gaming, 800 Lumens, Rechargeable Battery, TikTok, Instagram, YouTube, Zoom, Microsoft Teams, PC/Mac/iPhone/Android : Electronics

Thank you for all the efforts on this!

Hi @azfarm,

Let me have a look why discovery would not work.

Hi @Savio,

The light mini profile is not part of the driver yet, let me add the light mini and release a new driver.

Update
Added a new profile for the Key Light Mini, vision: 2023-04-11T10:36:16.098700093

Hi Sir, sorry about the delay, this worked great for a day and it found my device, but then it had a firmware update and it is reading as offline. I removed it but it won’t re-add. Sorry about this, got a little busy at work and forgot to come back and thank you, I just tried it out a week ago when it had worked and stopped working 3 days ago with the firmware update. Thanks so much for this amazing helper!

My Key Light Air isn’t getting discovered. I tried resetting and re-pairing, but no luck. I clicked through channel link, enrolled in the channel, and installed the driver, but no luck.

Is there any way to debug this? I definitely see both the hub and the Key Light Air on my network, but it’s not getting picked up by the SmartThings add device process.

Hi, thanks for making this driver. I got one of my lights show up out the blue, but no matter how much I try can’t find the other. What could be causing this, and how to debug it. Please help. I used to have them working before with a groove script where I had to input an static up to it, but it doesn’t work that way anymore neither. You are our only option :slight_smile: thanks

Hi,

I have done some more research on the comment from @azfarm about mDNS and change the discovery code from unicast to multicast discovery.

New version of the driver is now available: 2024-01-28T19:41:38.719604861

Thanks to @azfarm for pointing out the mDNS difference!

Please let me know if this update helped with your problem?
@acjohnson55, @leandroestacio, @Savio