[Edge Driver] Aqara Double Rocker w/Neutral Switch

This edge driver is for the Aqara Double Rocker w/Neutral Switch. In the images below, it is being used to control a basic fan and the fan’s light. Also, the default icon is a switch. I changed the icon to a fan via the mobile app.

This supports the following models:

• manufacturer: LUMI, model: lumi.switch.b2naus01 (Aqara Model Number WS-USC04)

Here is the channel invitation:
https://bestow-regional.api.smartthings.com/invite/oxl4AXxvwj13

The second switch (Bottom switch) is not exposed as a separate device, aka child device, which means that it can’t be controlled by a voice assistant at this time, but hopefully soon. It is highly recommended to create a virtual device (and related routines) if you want voice control of the second device. Once Smart Lighting migrates to the new platform, and if mirroring capabilities are available like they are today, using Smart Lighting would be the recommended option.

This driver presents the device with a Top Switch and Bottom Switch in the detail view, as well as allowing you to select what type of tile you want for the dashboard view. Those types are:

• One Switch - this is the typical tile for a switch, and allows On/Off control for the top switch.

• Two Switches - this is a much larger tile (4x the one switch), and allows On/Off control for both switches.

• Power in use - default, and this is a normal size tile and shows you the power in use (in watts).

As mentioned above, use a virtual device if you want voice control of the second switch. I personally use this one provided in this community discussion:

For my use case, I opted for the power tile and created two virtual switches and related routines. This was primarily because of how our household recognizes and names the devices we use. Given the options on how the dashboard tile can be set up, I’m thinking your use case could be met with this driver. In the image below, the icons for these virtual switches were set via the mobile app for each device and not through the driver.

3 Likes

I have this driver attached to the double rocker and both switches are controllable by smartthings, and the light power is indicated properly.

Could you provide more detail for how to use a virtual device to control the second switch?

I’m currently able to turn off every light in the house with a smart button, except this second light.

Sure!

First, create a virtual switch via the advanced web app by going to Devices and clicking on Add a new device. Fill in the details that show up.

Next, create a new Routine/Automation that includes the virtual device and the actual switch. Here’s my setup for On and Off. You could use the Smart Lighting smartapp and use the “sync” function, but I’ve found that slower than using routines.

1 Like

Thanks, this got me going.

I could not quite figure out how to get a routine to only control the second power switch individually, but this still got me what I really wanted, which is being able to turn them both on or off together and use a zigbee button with a super routine to turn these lights off all at once with all the other lights in the house.

Your routine shown above has just “bottom switch-on” and in mine, I seem to be limited to having to have top and bottom switch treated as one together. I tried creating a routine as a stand-alone and selecting the device, and I tried creating a routine from the device.