I have several Ecolink Open/Closed Z-wave sensors ( DWZWAVE2.5-ECO) and they all work flawlessly, except for one. The problem sensor routes through unknown (ghost) devices, killing the battery in a few days.
I’ve removed, excluded and re-added a number of times. Each time the sensor will connect directly to the hub. But after a few days, it starts routing through one or more ghost devices.
I did not do any Zwave repairs between the initial pairings and when the routing changed.
I also tried the ghost removal technique by created the matching ghost device and removing it, but that did not remove the ghost device(s) from the route.