Ecobee4 in EU/UK?

Has anybody successfully added Ecobee4 thermostats into ST in the EU/Uk?

I have not been able to do this and I got the following email from ST support:

Thanks for reaching out!

I’m very sorry to say the Ecobee Thermostats isn’t one of our Works With SmartThings devices for the UK Hub yet. We’ve got it working over on the US servers and our engineers are working on the European side. The range of compatible products for the UK Hub varies slightly with the US. We are continuing to work on getting more devices integrated. Due to the popularity of some products in the UK versus the US, you will start to see the compatible products lists diverge more over time.

However, not all hope is lost! It may be worth checking out our Community to see if any other users have managed to set up custom integrations (not official) to get the ecobee3 working with SmartThings:

https://community.smartthings.com/

Feel free to get back in touch if you have any further questions. We are happy to help!

Enjoy the rest of your day smile|20pxx20px.

Kind Regards,

Fiona
SmartThings Support

www.smartthings.co.uk

UNQUOTE

ptsere, I’m in the same situation…I’ve an ecobee3, in Spain, and no Smartthings support…wondering if there is a work-around / another app?
Thanks!

Wonder why that is because the Ecobee runs on WiFi and not on Zigbee or Z-Wave so I would not think it would be a radio band issue. I know the Ecobee to Smartthings integration runs in the cloud and not directly between devices.

1 Like

Bump, anybody figure out how to integrate Ecobee into ST?

From what I can tell, there are regional differences in the SmartThings product catalogues (as in, the devices you see when you tap ‘Add Device’). So when you have a US account, you see the US product catalogue, UK = UK, etc. Since the Ecobee is not available in the UK, it makes sense that it’s not in the UK catalogue.

Having said that, if you were able to get a US region Samsung account and sign into that on your ST app, when you tapped ‘Thermostats’ Ecobee should appear (if I’ve understood the whole region/account/catalogue thing correctly). Of course from that point onwards, you just add the Ecobee as normal.

How you get region specific accounts? I have no idea, other than signing up in said region (either physically or via a VPN.)

1 Like